Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4 months old! We're officially moving to 3-6 month size clothes. We love talking, playing, grabbing things to put in her mouth, and trying to move and roll over. She's discovered Myrtle this past month (partially due to us rearranging the front room) and will stare at the turtle tank from her play mat. Her thumb is her favorite toy, lol. I plan on switching the bassinet from 3 sided co-sleeper to a four sided bassinet this month so she gets used to sleeping with four sides before she outgrows it and has to move to the crib (and before she can fling herself onto the bed!), and it makes me want to protest her growing so fast.

I'm on a dairy free diet and starting soy free as of yesterday for her, but she's worth it. I love her so much and my heart grows every day. ❤ But how has it been four months?!?!?!

0429211037b~2.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cousin and I spend so much time discussing who our kids look like. :redheartpump: Now that they are older it often includes who they ACT like! :lol2: But its so fun to see how it changes as they grow! I always thought DS resembled me; but a few years ago he suddenly looked just like DH with my coloring! It doesn’t help they have matching eyeglasses.:lol:

Do you think her personality matches how she was in the womb? DS was pretty chill and an easier baby. DD wasn’t a colicky baby; but she had her likes and dislikes for sure. And she was definitely more active in the womb and reactive to things around me. Like DH’s voice or being in church. We would have trouble not snickering during the service because she’d be moving all around...visibly!:lol2:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:its your mini me your poor husband will get worked by her as she grows probably:lol:"spoiled"
Dude, she's already got him wrapped around her little finger!

Do you think her personality matches how she was in the womb?
She was always more squirmy than actually kicking a lot, I felt, and she does get wiggly when you hold her, but she wasn't active all the time. She likes to be on the floor and moving around, but she definitely has chill time where she'll look around and suck her thumb (half her ultrasound pictures had her hands by her mouth unsurprisingly). And she still likes Kina Grannis music that I played for her in the womb. So I'd say pretty similar, yeah.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DD was like that. She wanted to be down on the floor with her toys. She was happy as long as she got her sleep; but she only slept well in her own crib. She was over 3 before we got her a real bed! I wasn’t messing with what worked!! :lol: Shes still not much of a hugger/snuggler; but she gets upset if I don’t tuck her in. She’s independent; yet wants reassurance at times. Its fun watching her grow and seeing how her personality develops. DS too. He’s the only extrovert in our house (both are fairly strong willed) and much more affectionate. All while testing limits. I joke hes so laid back he doesn’t care about consequences!:lol:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is the recommendation now for starting solid foods? When mine were babies it was 4 to 6 months depending on the baby. In practice it seemed to be more like 5 to 6 months.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is the recommendation now for starting solid foods? When mine were babies it was 4 to 6 months depending on the baby. In practice it seemed to be more like 5 to 6 months.
Depends on the pediatrician. I think AAP recommends six months, but my sister's told her she could start her son at four. Mine wants me to definitely hold off since we're not entirely sure of what her food sensitivity is yet, and I want to do baby led weaning rather than purées which recommends being at least six months anyway, so I'm all for it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They said six months starting with cereal for us. I think they stopped recommending cereal for a while. DS wasn't a puree fan but he did like baby versions of our meals. Once he learned to chew/gum stuff. That took him a bit. DD loved her purees! :crazy:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They said six months starting with cereal for us. I think they stopped recommending cereal for a while. DS wasn't a puree fan but he did like baby versions of our meals. Once he learned to chew/gum stuff. That took him a bit. DD loved her purees! :crazy:
They've stopped recommending rice cereal because of arsenic, but my friend's pediatrician tols her to start with baby oatmeal, so it probably depends on the doctor again.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have also seen that they are recommending giving babies peanut products early with first solid foods. They even have peanut powder to mix with food. That used to be a huge no no but now they say it will help prevent a peanut allergy.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Depends on the pediatrician. I think AAP recommends six months, but my sister's told her she could start her son at four. Mine wants me to definitely hold off since we're not entirely sure of what her food sensitivity is yet, and I want to do baby led weaning rather than purées which recommends being at least six months anyway, so I'm all for it
I agree! :agree: It definitely depends on your pediatrician especially since they know what's best for your baby. I breastfed both of my daughters for over a year and tried introducing food between 6-8 months. They usually recommend trying one new food every couple of days to watch for any allergic reactions. Our pediatrician told me what food groups to introduce first. I remember that peaches didn't go over too well especially in their diaper. :lol:

I like this website for helpful information and guidance, note they also say rice cereal even organic is high in arsenic.
Solid Foods for the Breastfed Baby - The Institute for Breastfeeding and Lactation Education (IABLE)