Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Working with J on gentle petting, taking her hand and gently stroking Lelia. And then she spit up all over Lelia's back leg.

Do I laugh or cry?

(I wiped it quickly with a kleenex and Lelia is still sitting here, so it must not have been too traumatic for her)

Last edited:

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Working with J on gentle petting, taking her hand and gently stroking Lelia. And then she spit up all over Lelia's back leg.

Do I laugh or cry?

(I wiped it quickly with a kleenex and Lelia is still sitting here, so it must not have been too traumatic for her)
That's awesome. I'm glad you're starting early. It'll save you headaches later on.

I'm hoping they have a wonderful relationship. :vibes:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awesome. I'm glad you're starting early. It'll save you headaches later on.

I'm hoping they have a wonderful relationship. :vibes:
I'm really hoping to avoid a situation like with your nephew. I'm sure I'll have to correct her and say no when she's an impulsive toddler, but I'm hoping having an early base of talking about gentle will make it go more smoothly when she's more mobile.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It takes time and consistency to get kids used to how to behave around animals. You can never start too early. Plus getting the cats used to kids helps a lot I think. DS is still too loud sometimes with Mooch and doesn't always read the "I've had enough pets" clues. As toddlers their natural inclination is to squeal and move toward things they like and they just don't come with impulse control. :crazy: :lol: DD got it faster than DS; but it still just took time. It helped once they were big enough to dangle shoelaces and things. Mooch just started sitting in DS's lap a few months ago. This morning he was reading to her. :redheartpump: I still wonder if the girls had a harder time accepting the kids because for so long it was just DH and I and we are quiet people. My Mom's cats took to the kids almost instantly. But my kids have actually never been around a kitten or young adult cat. And very limited times with a puppy. DD's first word was kitty though. I didn't count the mama dada babble as words. My in-laws thought it was hillarous that DD called me dada. :rolleyes2: Kitty was the first recognizable word. I was so proud. :flail:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a perfect little love. ❤ Is that her name scratched out to the left, on the blanket?
Yes, my uncle and aunt had sent it in an unexpected gift basket a couple weeks back. I had the fake petals from art projects from my teaching days and was trying to figure out a backdrop and the blanket was perfect!

She's been smiling a lot more and getting more animated. I love it. It's so much easier to bond when they react to you.