Growing a Human - Again!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to catch up. It would do wonders. Have you thought about having a nanny
maybe one or two days a week so you can sleep?
Love, you,Lari💖

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My husband had me put in earplugs and kept her downstairs for like four hours last night and syringe fed her so I could get a bit of sleep. I felt guilty about it, but I needed it.
Your husband is a gem! 🤗 Please don't feel guilty, after all Baby J is his daughter too and it's a partnership. Glad you were able to get some much needed rest.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never feel guilty asking for help. Sometimes you just need a few hours so you can give your child 100%. You dont have family/friends that can eventually help with just watching the baby a few hours here and there?

Im the only sibling without kids so i would watch my nieces and nephews here and there just to give the parents a little break. Theres no shame in asking for help. You cant help anyone until you help yourself.

Hope you are doing better. :vibes: :heartshape:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never feel guilty asking for help. Sometimes you just need a few hours so you can give your child 100%. You dont have family/friends that can eventually help with just watching the baby a few hours here and there?

Im the only sibling without kids so i would watch my nieces and nephews here and there just to give the parents a little break. Theres no shame in asking for help. You cant help anyone until you help yourself.

Hope you are doing better. :vibes: :heartshape:
We do, we're just trying to be extra cautious. Our pediatrician strongly suggested quarantining aside from doctor/midwife needed visits for two weeks since leaving the hospital. In case we caught covid there, we don't give it to our families. That'll be up Thursday. Both sets of parents are planning to visit next weekend, though.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet they're sitting on pins and needles and can't wait to meet Baby J in person.:anticipation: How wonderful for your husband and you. :hugs: Do you have a special outfit picked out or are you going with a cozy onesie?
Lol, I don't have any special outfits yet. My friend who I got my gender neutral clothes from might also be able to drop off her girly clothes next weekend, which I'm looking forward to having because there were not that many gender neutral sleepers and I've had to do laundry twice. But her cord fell off Friday, so I can also do onesies and pants now that I don't have to be super delicate on the waist.

I guess I could order something special, but I probably won't.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My friend who I got my gender neutral clothes from might also be able to drop off her girly clothes next weekend, which I'm looking forward to having because there were not that many gender neutral sleepers and I've had to do laundry twice.
A close friend loaned me her baby clothes too. She had two boys but I didn't care if the clothes were blue or green since my daughter would never know. :biggrin: Having to do laundry twice already you know that babies can go through a lot of clothes due to spit ups, poop or pee. It's always best to have some extra clothes on hand regardless of color but since your friend will be dropping off some girl outfits that will be a nice surprise. Glad her cord fell off Friday, it does make things easier.:heartshape:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think everyone needs help; but for some reason we feel bad asking. I just think about how generations ago we didn't really live apart from our families. We had moms, sisters, aunts, etc to help us with our newborns and things. I don't remember at what age we started; but but a long time my Mom would take DD every Friday for a bit. I could clean, shop or do whatever i needed for a few hours. Sometimes what I needed was to do nothing! :lol: DH would stay home with her while I went grocery shopping. But resting is important. I always felt I was a better Mom when I'd had a chance to rest and/or do something for myself. So it's good for them too.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought a baby scale when Mooch and Noodles were having health issues. It made me wonder why I didn't do that when the kids were babies! Too bad I can't loan ours to you for a few months! I do still use it to weigh Mooch occasionally; but Noodles was the one who needed it more.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's apparently breastfeeding really well! She got almost 3oz out in the weighted feed the lactation consultant did! She also showed me a better way to latch J on and gave me suggestions of things to try if she's acting hungry after she just ate since she is getting food.

I'm so glad I went and got this reassurance.