Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that was fast. When you posted with your husband looking at the directions and pieces spread out on the floor I thought it would take much longer. Good job! :clap2: I absolutely love the color, can't wait to see the mattress and baby bedding in it.
Once he gets started, he works pretty fast! I think it took him less than an hour total.

We have the mattress, but I don't think he wants to set it up yet lest the cats claim it for their own too soon. Eventually he's just going to have to accept that we can't stop them.

The crib is beautiful and the color goes great in the room. The walls are a calming color whether BeBe is a boy or a girl. You brought back funny memories for me when you said your belly is getting in the way. I remember that! Then I discovered it makes a great snack tray! :lol: Reading a book? Prop it there! Need a spot to put something while you drink a glass of water, instant belly help! Very handy. Although we kind of get tired of bending and reaching around our belly, I missed having that later. Amazing how we adapt without even realizing it. Soooo, how much help did hubby get assembling the crib? I saw a helper in the room. Reading the instructions to him as he assembled?;) :lol:
The problem is when I sit in a way that I could use the belly as a tray, I get an ache under my right rib based on how Bebe is sitting in there (hopefully their butt and not their head. I miss being able to sit comfortably.

I'm not sure. I didn't want to stare at him and needed to finish my hypnobabies for the day, so I'm not sure how long he had help.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bebe is the size of two clafoutis, a bunch of carrots, a kid's backpack, a mini lop rabbit, and two cans of Pringles stacked, and should weight between 5.25 and 5.5lbs.
Yum! I'll take the Pringles. I'm really into spicy chips lately, but haven't bought that brand yet. I love Lop Ear Rabbits! I should be eating carrots after this week of desserts. Bebe is getting so big, almost full size.

Nice crib. And I noticed the kitty helper too. 😻

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If I remember right; your at (or almost at) the stage where they start putting on weight to get ready for birth. Everyone jokes about how many days are in the last month of pregnancy. But I definitely missed the cool parts; like feeling them move. I developed the habit of rubbing my belly with both kids. And had to break it afterwards. It's cute when it's a baby. Not so much when it's just fat. :paperbag::lol2:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
If I remember right; your at (or almost at) the stage where they start putting on weight to get ready for birth. Everyone jokes about how many days are in the last month of pregnancy. But I definitely missed the cool parts; like feeling them move. I developed the habit of rubbing my belly with both kids. And had to break it afterwards. It's cute when it's a baby. Not so much when it's just fat. :paperbag::lol2:
In my last month of pregnancy I did not rub my belly but instead pushed on his feet or fanny which he was pushing against my ribs and lungs. It turns out he put so much pressure there that my rib cage actually spread and is now noticeably prominent on that side.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We finished buying out our registries. It's such a weight off my shoulders. Even more so once it all arrives, but it's a step in having everything we need before Bebe makes their appearance.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
36 weeks

Bebe is the size of two plates of beignets, a papaya, a Cabbage Patch Doll, a Chihuahua, and three boxes of popcorn. Bebe likely weighs between 5.75 and 6lbs this week!

Or Black Friday packages are slowly arriving. I'm most impatient for the travel system and bassinet to show up! But hey, I have a little changing station ready to go in our room now!

Mostly, I'm just grateful to still be pregnant. When I had the bleeding over nine weeks ago now and it was mentioned that if my placenta didn't move, I'd probably need a C section around 36 weeks. It sounded so early then and still does now. I don't know when Bebe will choose to make their appearance, but they will not be forced out this week and will have a chance to keep developing their brain and lungs.

1203201117.jpg
1203201119_HDR.jpg
1203201119.jpg

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eeks! You are getting close!! :hyper: It looks like your belly has changed shape too. That could just be from Bebe moving around. But I remember mine doing that overnight too near the end. Or probably at about the same stage. Since I had both a few weeks early I don't know if I've got clear experience with how those last couple of weeks go. With DS I just remember being "over it" and not ready at the same time. :lol:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I keep having dreams that you had Bebe so I keep logging on to check! 😣
Oh man, don't rush it! :lol: I really want Bebe to come after Christmas, so I'm not panic buying baby's first Christmas stuff. And I'm still waiting for all our packages to arrive! I'm really good waiting a few more weeks.

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking this too. It's probably just because I've been thinking about it a lot. No worries. 😁 My mom is also very excited because she remembers all those times I was excited for the wedding and then when I told her about Bebe. She ask how you are doing from time to time. I show her your weekly updates.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was thinking this too. It's probably just because I've been thinking about it a lot. No worries. 😁 My mom is also very excited because she remembers all those times I was excited for the wedding and then when I told her about Bebe. She ask how you are doing from time to time. I show her your weekly updates.
Aww, you and your mom are both so sweet!