Growing a Human - Again!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She will be all decked out for the Holidays. It is amazing how fast they do grow. Yes when they start walking they don't seem to slow down.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
12 months - Happy Birthday, baby girl. Though I think you're more of a full on toddler already. It's been amazing watching how much you've grown and changed, and how you're developing your opinions and personality. It hasn't always been easy, but I wouldn't trade you for any other baby - even one that would let me eat cheese! 😄 Keep being you. I love you so much.

20211229_200315.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Bday baby J!... I love how you encourage her to be herself and have her own opinions & personality. I wish I had a mom like you, it would have made a big difference. ❤
It's not easy sometimes, in fact, it's been a bit rough lately (among other things, she has decided she officially hates the car seat and the high chair), but I know when she's a teenager, the fact that she's welcome to express her emotions (even if, yes, you do have to stay in the car seat while we're driving) means she'll be able to open up about the important things.

I wish your mom had been different, too. But you're so strong and amazing despite her.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So how did we celebrate the birthday girl's day?
We were cruel and made her go to the doctor. And I was feeling down for a while about having to reschedule her party.

Eventually we had Chinese food for dinner and she got to eat the smash cake I made. I posted in in what's on your mind thread, but I'm kind of pleased with how it came out so here it is again
20211229_151909.jpg

(This was the inspo pic. I ran out of icing and salvaged with fondant)
FB_IMG_1636297586913.jpg

20211230_195313.jpg
20211230_195405.jpg

She got a bath and then opened a couple presents - some stacking cups and toddler crayons. Her party is now the 16th, so I'll do more decorations for that one. I can reuse the high chair tutu, but didn't open anything else I'd bought decoration wise.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For posterity:

Last night, January 9-10, 2022, J slept through the night for the first time, about 9:30-7, then fell back asleep again for another two-ish hours.

:celebrate: :party: :bunnydance::dance::party3::woo::banana1::banana2::woohoo::jive:

It probably won't happen again for a while (though she's only been up once or twice a night for a week or so now), but it's still worth celebrating!