Growing a Human - Again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh man. You picked popcorn over 2 plates of Beignets? :lol: When I googled them, they look like tiny bites of fried bread dough, one of the few desserts I actually like. Papaya is good too. Whenever I think of Bebe, I'm gonna think of food.
I bought ahead by weeks because I'm trying to go to the store less often. I actually have things for up to week 40 now in the wings! I suppose I could have tried to make beignets, but I'm sure they wouldn't be as good as in France or New Orleans.

I was due the end of December with my second but also went into January. I really wanted the baby to be born in Dec. because I was hoping for the tax write-off. :biggrin: But you're right, Bebe will make the decision for you.🤗
The idea of meeting our deductible does make the 26th to the 31st more ideal, but Bebe will be at the pediatrician a lot next year, so it might happen anyway. I think if I go past January 6th or 7th, I'll start getting impatient.

If Bebe does come on Christmas and dares to complain about their birthday, I'll for sure be telling them "hey, you chose it, not me."

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
January 6th is Little Christmas; so it's still a holiday/the holidays technically. :crazy:
Yes, but I don't think Three King's Day has quite the birthday ruining potential as December 25th does! Unless you're in a culture that really celebrates it, which we're not.

My brother was born on Valentine's day and always got annoyed he had to share his birthday, but I think a day like New Year's Eve or Fourth of July might be fun.

We'll see what happens, at any rate.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
If Bebe does come on Christmas and dares to complain about their birthday, I'll for sure be telling them "hey, you chose it, not me."
Then you can tell her/him that one big advantage is that people won't forget her/his birthday. Plus, people often think the kid might be "cheated" of gifts and overcompensate. A friend's daughter was born on Christmas Eve, and her brothers envy her for those reasons. :lol:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My brother was born on Thanksgiving and Mother always said she was thankful. He got a feast on every birthday and the family was all gathered so, lots of excitement! I always teased him that the turkey brought him instead of a stork. If Santa brings you, that must be a very special gift! Sarah was two days after due date. It would be kind of neat to be a New baby at the New year! No matter what day it is, it’s going to be wonderful and nothing else is going to be in your mind but HAPPY! Us too!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
December 31st. Literally the last day! I'm more expecting to go into January since they say first time tends to go a bit late, but we'll see what Bebe decides.
Maybe Bebe will be the first baby of 2021 in your area. Then you'd both be famous for a day or so. But it's all up to Bebe to decide. :)

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
37 weeks

Early term! Bebe is the size of a serving tray of madeleines, a honeydew melon, a tackle box, a striped skunk, and about the length of two of these family sized oatmeal packs which are probably going to be easy postpartum meals.

So, as I wrote on facebook, since Bebe is no longer premature and could come any time in the next five weeks, I thought we could set up a betting pool for anyone interested. No pressure and I have no prizes in mind aside from the knowledge you would win at guessing. Mostly I'm curious what people might think of:

1) what birthday will Bebe choose (official due date is 12/31/20)?
2) how big will Bebe be (idk about length, but I was 9lbs 1oz, my husband was 7lbs 4oz, and I had a quick growth scan yesterday to double check we were head down and baby was measuring 6lbs 3oz/32nd percentile from what I was told)?
3) is Bebe a boy or a girl?

1210201232.jpg
1210201234_HDR.jpg
1210201234.jpg
1209200933_HDR.jpg

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
1) what birthday will Bebe choose (official due date is 12/31/20)? 12/28/20
2) how big will Bebe be (idk about length, but I was 9lbs 1oz, my husband was 7lbs 4oz, and I had a quick growth scan yesterday to double check we were head down and baby was measuring 6lbs 3oz/32nd percentile from what I was told)? 8 lbs 2 oz
3) is Bebe a boy or a girl? Girl

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, you guys are like opposite of facebook which is definitely trending more toward 'boy'.

1) 12/25/20
2) 7 pounds
3) Girl

Got names picked out yet for boy/girl?
We have names for both unless my husband is having doubts he hasn't told me about, but haven't shared them with anyone. I can say that we will *not* be going with my FIL's suggestion of Ralph if Bebe is a boy, though. :lol:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Haha, you guys are like opposite of facebook which is definitely trending more toward 'boy'.

We have names for both unless my husband is having doubts he hasn't told me about, but haven't shared them with anyone. I can say that we will *not* be going with my FIL's suggestion of Ralph if Bebe is a boy, though. :lol:
I know you didn't want to be told if you were having a boy or girl but do you have a feeling one way or the other? I knew my DD was a girl from the beginning. I had the ultrasound but it just confirmed what I already knew. Congratulations either way. I can't wait to see pictures! :cloud9: