Growing a Human - Again!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually, you win.

New human alert!

Last night at 7:38pm, baby M came fast and furious into this world (like literally 16 minutes after I got into L&D, to the point where even the on the floor doctor didn't make it, much less the OB on call from my midwife group. Hats off to the nurses!). She weighed in at 7lbs 1oz and about 18 inches. She's absolutely perfect and I'm excited to see how she and J grow together.
Congratulations!! Welcome to the world baby M! :hyper::cheerleader::celebrate:

Wow. 16 minutes! She was so ready to meet you! J is going to be a great big sister. :cloud9:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WHAT???!!!! Congratulations to you! How are you feeling?

Welcome to the world, Baby M!

Wow! Weight and all! :eek2: That's freaky!
Honestly, as much as I cried about no time for an epidural, I'm feeling like I'm recovering a lot faster this time around since I haven't had to deal with gummy bear legs and all the aftereffects of being induced like I did after J.

Jewely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! 🧸🎀🧸

Has J met her yet? Does she resemble her? So exciting! My two youngest are the same age difference, two years and three months, and it’s a great spacing for them to be good friends, most of the time 🥰🥰

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! 🧸🎀🧸

Has J met her yet? Does she resemble her? So exciting! My two youngest are the same age difference, two years and three months, and it’s a great spacing for them to be good friends, most of the time 🥰🥰
J and my dad came to visit yesterday! She was here when food services sent me treats and ate about five of my Hershey kisses. She's lucky she's cute.

I see some similarities, but J was a lot longer and had more hair. My husband thinks M is rounder and has a pointier chin. She came so fast her head didn't get cone shaped.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
20230331_175327.jpg

20230331_143428.jpg

Since I didn't reach my due date again, baby gets to be in my 40 week picture, lol. I'm still looking pregnant, but moving around a lot easier.

J refers to the baby as hers, and likes her when she's not busy with something else and has been watching too much tv. She's also been nursing again at naptime and trying to go in M's carseat and basket. She's loving that my husband isn't working and can spend more time with him. She did great with my dad while I was in the hospital. She has so much trouble being gentle, though, it's terrifying having her around the baby. A hug is more like a tackle. :help:

M took easily to nursing, and has been pretty chill, though she's not a fan of diaper changes. When she's awake she's fascinated with J. Sleep isn't the greatest at night, but we're working on it. She really likes being swaddled in the afghan my aunt made, and slept a bit better last night. I'm a bit worried it's too thick and heavy, but hopefully we're good.

I'm trying to remind myself to take it easy, but I'm in less pain this time around (no tearing with this birth!), so it's not as easy to remember not to push myself too hard. They told me not to carry anything heavier than the baby, which is a joke because of course I've been carrying J. I'm not going to tell her no. Dealing with the hormonal drop and been getting weepy over little things the past couple days.

But overall, things are going fairly well!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's so tiny! I had to laugh at the tackle hug. Hey, at least J wants to hug her. It could have gone the other way. :lol:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Scrolling back, I think it's a month today since baby M was born. :hearthrob:
Just wondering how you all are doing.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scrolling back, I think it's a month today since baby M was born. :hearthrob:
Just wondering how you all are doing.
It is!
20230426_151815.jpg

J refused to take a nap today - I tried for an hour to get her to sleep. So I had kind of a hard time getting my pictures. She did entertain herself for a while in my bedroom pulling books off the bookshelf, but by my last pictures she was in trying to grab my props and screeching and M kept fussing, so that was fun.

I'm slowly adjusting to having two. J is getting better at solo play, and we have the tv on a lot. I do try to give J some one on one attention, but it's probably not enough. I've been good at taking both kids places. And I give J attention in the evening when my husband can hold M and have her chill with him. Usually I can help one at a time, but sometimes they're both super upset and I have to decide what's more urgent.

My husband just started work again Monday - he had four weeks parental leave, so now I'm figuring out how to do more without his help.

So I'm surviving. But I wouldn't say thriving for the time being. :crazy:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
M finally had her one month appointment yesterday and is 22 inches and 9lbs 6oz! Given all the trouble J's had gaining weight, I'm amazed M has put on over 2lbs in almost 6 weeks. I swear she has cheeks for days, too. :hearthrob:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guess who's two months old today?

20230526_163953.jpg

My sweet baby has been giving me some three and four hour stretches at night, has recently discovered the fun of batting at toys, and while the weight and height are approximate until her doctor's appointment next week, she seems to be gaining like a champ and growing way too fast! I love her so much and am enjoying watching her develop, even if she really needs to slow down.