Growing a Human - Again!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's good to know that she is in a good position even though I am sure you would have liked to see her face. When I was having mine many years ago 34 weeks was the 'safe point' where a baby rarely had major issues if born early. You are very close to that point.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She'll be here soon! :happycat:

If she wants to arrive early, the 12th is a good choice. That's my DD's 28th bday. :cloud9:
I kind of want her to arrive between the 20th and 29th so her birthday will be the same forwards and backwards like 3-23-23. They don't want me to go past my due date because of my age, but I don't want to schedule an induction and want her to choose her birthday, so we'll see how things go when I get closer to the time.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not that I actually thought the baby would come before now, but starting today, I officially will not be giving birth to a second Capricorn. :lol:
20230120_143841.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying. It's a lot harder when you're also watching a feral toddler.

Speaking of which, question for parents. J has decided that baths are the highest form of torture lately, but she needs like two a week - at least one. Anyone been through this who has any ideas?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Showers with a handheld were easier for us. I would pretend we were at the car wash. It’s easier to direct the water away from their face. DS still prefers to hold a wash cloth over his face because he doesn’t like water in it. Id remind him to stick out his belly so he could lean his head back father to get less water in his face. I let them have a washcloth too.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise

Speaking of which, question for parents. J has decided that baths are the highest form of torture lately, but she needs like two a week - at least one. Anyone been through this who has any ideas?
My sympathies - my son hated baths from toddlerhood on and every one was preceded by a chase through the house to capture him. Maybe try extra special bath toys that she can only play with there, some fancy character bath towel and a treat afterwards like a video or a favorite book.

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a feral toddler.
Sorry, but this made me laugh so hard! I guess I can relate, with my feral cats.

she needs like two a week - at least one
Oh man, I would die without my daily showers. Yeah, we loved bath toys when I was a kid. Maybe get a book on getting clean? I'm sure there are some childrens books on the subject. Nice warm bath, nice warm towel and PJs after. Then story time? Make it a whole relaxing process. Oh, yes I hated when the shampoo and water would go in my face as a kid!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

She might like these bathtub finger paints. They could distract her while you bathe her. My DD liked things like this when she was little.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0184FR81G/?tag=thecatsite

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fortunately, that was one battle I didn't have with mine. I did allow some playing in the water which may have helped. When they were older, they did want showers instead but thet may be because parents took showers so that made them feel more grown up.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, we don't have a detachable shower head, we already have toys and bathtub paints, and she started wailing last night before she was even in the bathtub. :frustrated: But, I wasn't the one who decided to wipe my dinner plate on my head, so.

I'm sure she'd get used to it faster if she bathed daily, but her skin gets so dry and her hair is so fine, I don't want to damage it with over washing.

I guess I'm going to have to look for more books and videos about bathtime.