Growing a Human - Again!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Hard to believe you're half way there - congrats! :bouquet: Sorry I don't remember if you posted already but when is your expected due date?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love and hugs.
Thanks. I feel like such a bad mom today. Weaning J off of near full time tv once I'm better isn't going to be fun. I anticipate a lot of tantrums about wanting Elmo, but I don't feel like doing anything aside from sitting and playing on my phone.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds as if you are burnt out — both physically and mentally. J will be ok. She is adaptable. Just a terrible two toddler. Look at tings that way. You are an excellent mom. No one better. Covid does a number on our emotions and psyche. Always here for you. ❤❤❤❤❤❤

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds as if you are burnt out — both physically and mentally. J will be ok. She is adaptable. Just a terrible two toddler. Look at tings that way. You are an excellent mom. No one better. Covid does a number on our emotions and psyche. Always here for you. ❤❤❤❤❤❤
I'm completely burnt out. I've been on edge the past week single parenting while my husband isolated, testing every morning to see if we could do activities and get out of the house, and then feeling sick and miserable. And now knowing we're stuck inside for the next 5 plus days because it's too cold to even go out for a walk. At least my husband can help now, but I don't think my burnout is going to go away that easy.

Why'd you have to cancel your scan?
Covid positive.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, you did the right thing to reschedule the anatomy scan. They will get you in as soon as they can.. anatomy scans are important.
You are burnt out because you are trying to be a 'perfect' mom to J. and because you are pregnant.. your emotions are running wild, and then some. You have been taking care of 2 people, and not taking care of yourself. Your resistance is low.. What you need now, is rest, and rest, and rest.. So what if J is watching a ton of TV.. it is not going to change her personality, permanently. She is a toddler. She will adapt.
I hope you are in touch with your doctor. This is important. You are pregnant and have Covid.
Forget about T-day, this year... Do it after you are better-- have a more intimate, cozy post T-day with your immediate family. It still means the same. Celebrate a week or 2 later..

Also, talk to J's pediatrician, about having Covid in your house. There is no way you can isolate her from you..

Do not go overboard for Christmas. J has no way of comparing from previous years. Just do what you are able to do, but at a much slower, and smaller pace. Make it a small, comfy Christmas.

We are all here for you, if and when you need us... love...❤

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm worried between covid and the holiday they won't be able to do it. The internet says they're supposed to be between 18 and 22 weeks and I'm worried I'll be too far along to do it.

At least for Christmas and J's birthday we should all have really good immunity.

I called the midwife yesterday to see if I was a candidate for the antivirals, but since I don't have a bad fever she said just to treat it like a cold/flu. I might call the pediatrician Monday, but unless J spikes a fever, I might not worry about it. She's vaccinated and a lot of kids do well with covid if she has it.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm just catching up here.. So sorry to hear you caught Covid. :hugs:
I know it must be difficult with J to look after, but it's so important to rest as much as possible. Don't be concerned about PBS kids; probably best to be grateful!
:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
If the place where you get your scans is anything like where I worked, we always squeezed in anatomy scans, during the time period. We used to love doing them at 17, 18 weeks were perfect timing for them. But, in certain cases, we would rearrange people, to accommodate their dating. Anatomy scans are done during that time period, to visualize, if there are any anomalies, and have time to proceed with treatment.
Chances are that everything is fine... and normal..

If you are 23 weeks then it is ok.. just get in as soon as you can. If it is on J's exercise day, then just go and have the scan. You have to think about yourself. Perhaps your mom or a friend can watch J for that day.
Or take her along, with your hubby. She can stay in her stroller, while hubby watches the scan and keeps her amused. I cannot tell you how many times, "I" had to babysit a child, while I was scanning. and had screening kids in the room with me.

love....

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Covid positive.
Oh, no. Sorry to hear that. :( Just what you needed. 🤗

So hubby got it first. Then you. And J not yet. Since she's vaccinated maybe she won't have any symptoms at all, or just minor ones.

And don't worry about her watching too much PBS kids. Better for her to be content, and give you time to rest and maybe even relax a little. Hope you start feeling better soon. Hugs...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, no. Sorry to hear that. :( Just what you needed. 🤗
:yeah: I'm sorry too. I must have missed it but I don't read all the threads. Thankfully J is no longer a baby and children usually rebound quickly so fingers and toes crossed she doesn't get Covid or gets a very mild case. :crossfingers: I've heard so many side effects from different people but many were just fatigued and recovered well. Give it time and as others said get plenty of rest, pamper yourself and drink lots of liquids. Maybe you'll develop a fondness for Elmo too. :biggrin:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I miss the “Melmo” days in our house. J will be just fine. You have to take care of yourself too. Don’t let the mom guilt win! This isn’t a long-term way of living for your family. You can wean her off if you need to when you are feeling better and have more help. :hugs: