?grooming Vacuum?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw an add for a grooming vacuum (hand held) and the cat didn't seem to mind. So my question is has any one bought one? If so does your cat tolerate it well? If your cat does what brand is it? I ask because I would think the noise would bother my cats. I started using a broom and swifter because I got tired of killing vacuums with my litter ..... but I know my cats scatter if a regular vacuum comes out.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've seen YouTube videos of cats who enjoy being vacuumed with an attachment, but I can't imagine any of my cats putting up with that, and you're quite right that the problem is the noise.
  • I suspect that this is highly individual, depending on the cat's tolerance for noise, the specific frequencies of the vacuum, how loud the vacuum actually is, and just how good the cat's hearing is.
  • I believe that I would purchase something like this only with an iron-clad guarantee that it won't spook my cat, and that the seller would pay the shipping fees if I had to return it.
Since they're specifically offering this for feline grooming I wonder whether they've managed to come up with a quieter vacuum. You may want to ask the seller about that.

I haven't seen one of these, nor have I seen the ad. You may want to search YouTube for a demonstration of this specific vacuum; that could give you a better idea.

Margret

vyger

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have one cat that actually enjoys being vacuumed (and I use a shop vac) several others that don't care to much for it but tolerate it probably because its me doing it, and of course several who appear to think that is the end of the universe coming to get them. If it is made for cats and dogs I wonder what they did to tone it down. I know a shop vac is pretty dangerous because the suction is so great it could almost turn them inside out. I am extremely careful with it. I imagine the suction is toned down a lot on the one your looking at. But then I have to wonder if it is powerful enough to accomplish anything.
By the way, a small inexpensive shop vac has no trouble with cat litter. And as a bonus it can also pick up sawdust and gravel.

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ive seen that furminator has one. And dyson has an attachment too. But wouldnt the suction feel weird for the cat?

Apparently the dyson attachment has really good reviews.