Grooming question

Pixie81

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi fellow feline lovers

I'm new to this group! It's nice to find a place dedicated for those who are more cat orientated than dogs. I have two kitties at home, one has just turned 1 years old and the other is not a year and 2 months. Both females but they did not grow up together, the younger cat was introduced to the house 2 months after we got the first. We did a slow introduction over the course of a few days. I think in general they get along, (or they cope with having the other around) I catch them sometimes, sitting together and licking each other, which I think is a good sign?

There are times when both will be grooming and suddenly it will all get a bit too much for the one cat and she will start making sounds for the other to stop...and the other gets carried away with the licking and doesn't stop so they have a little spat and one of them runs off.... Is this normal behaviour??? Do other members cats do this?? I am just a lil worried I guess as most of my cat books say that most kittens under 1 tend to get along but sometimes as they get older they may develop more of their personality and may not neccessarily stay 'getting along' with each other as they get older...

Tina :)

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes when I go to rub my wife's shoulders, she pulls away. I can't imagine why :flail:

Yes, that sounds normal and fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pixie81

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:flail: Thanks for the reassurance on that its is normal! Its my first time having two cats so its a bit of a learning experience for me and I don't know what to expect with cat etiquette on grooming each other lol I just don't want them getting into a big fight . It seems the older of the two loves to get into her grooming with the younger one but she doesn't know when to stop bless her lol