grooming post spay surgery, how can i help?

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Rivel just came home after her spay. She stayed 3 days in the hospital, due to her cone, she cannot groom and her fur is a bit oily and matted. I have been helping her groom by brushing her with wet human toothbrush. Any other way i can help?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
she looks so sad i resist with every bit of my being to not open the collar :(

it's for her own good. it's for her own good. it's for her own good. it's for her own good. it's for her own good

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to Petco/Petsmart/etc and get her an inflatable ring. Less bulky and she can still reach most areas of her body to clean.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A pet grooming wipe or just a damp wash cloth will help. You can try waterless pet shampoo if the fur seems oily.

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Go to Petco/Petsmart/etc and get her an inflatable ring. Less bulky and she can still reach most areas of her body to clean.
stuff like that are hard in my country. on online shops i only found import goods that will take 2 weeks to arrive :(

she's calm in the cone, not struggling or anything but just looks so sad.
A pet grooming wipe or just a damp wash cloth will help. You can try waterless pet shampoo if the fur seems oily.
yeah that what i did just now. damp cloth + brush

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You can take the cone off if you're there to watch her. Let her eat and groom herself, then put it back on. At my clinic, we don't cone unless they start bothering the incision site. Most animals are fine without it as long as they have proper pain management.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
stuff like that are hard in my country. on online shops i only found import goods that will take 2 weeks to arrive :(

she's calm in the cone, not struggling or anything but just looks so sad.

yeah that what i did just now. damp cloth + brush
Ok. I figured most pet stores carried things like that. :ohwell:

Hoboforeternity

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok. I figured most pet stores carried things like that. :ohwell:
standard cone are very common, last time i was in a big pet store is like that too. you don't have much option in 3rd world country.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got Delilah a onesie on Amazon. She does much better on it. With the cone she kept trying to get into odd places and I worried about her rubbing up the incision. Just make sure it has a drawstring at the neck. Delilah got out of one of her onesies without it.

Here are some pics of her in the onesie (the donut one has to be returned - she got herself out of it because the neck was too big and no drawstring).

delilah in donuts.jpg
Delilah in pink.jpg
dellah in camo 1.jpg