Grooming a finicky kitten.

faeleen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi guys!
I know I haven't posted in a bit but I was hoping for some input on something for me. My kitten FaeLeen is now 7months old and finally finished with all her shots until next year, woot! Those who may remember know we have struggle pretty badly with her stomach issues but thankful she just has sensitivities that we have under control.
Anyway, to our surprise see has been getting very very big. The vet believes she might be a ragdoll mix with that she has so many similar characteristics.
She is very sweet girl.
But when it come to grooming she literally turns into a demon. I have other cats with there own problems that I can control, but her- she bites and contours her body to the point I'm afraid she will hurt herself without care. I've tried swaddling her in a towel. I played with her toes whe I got her as a baby to desensitized her for when I start cutting them.
She likes going to the vet and is very social there. So I'm thinking of sending her for grooming on Wednesday to see if they can handle her better. She needs her hair on her feet trimmed as she is laying on the floor and biting it and ripping it out and hard as she can. She also need a sanitary clipping. Obviously her nails too.
Is it wrong to want to take her there for a few hours then just bring her home to relax without the drama and her being mad at me? (I don't care what you say, she DOES TO hold grudges). I would be hasent to send her to a random groomer but she know the vets and the techs that will be grooming her and is comfortable there. Does any have any thoughts they can share with me?

lemiman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I literally had the exact same problem with my Ragdoll, Blu. He would start growling and biting my hands every time I try to clip his nails to the point where I just gave up. However, yesterday I decided to give it another go but with some treats near him, and believe it or not but he actually stayed still! I used my "baby voice" with him to calm him down and praise him each time he let me trim a nail and rewarded him with a treat after each clip. I would also recommend you have someone with you to give your kitty the treats as you clip, to make it easier for you. Try to clip as fast but obviously as careful as you can so it would be over quickly. Good luck!!