Groomer razor burn

ModernCatLady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there a groomer came to my house to shave my cat he had some mats under his arm and just noticed a razor burn it seems to be bothering him he is licking it. Should I bring him to the vet or is there something I can put on it or just let it heal on it's own?

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, try Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 chamomile tea advice. It's antibacterial, antifungal and will ease the irritation.

Brew store bought with no additives (garden grown is a variety of chamomile that's unsafe for cats), chill it and dab it on the area with a clean cotton swab or similar. It's also safe if he ingests it :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ModernCatLady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, try Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 chamomile tea advice. It's antibacterial, antifungal and will ease the irritation.

Brew store bought with no additives (garden grown is a variety of chamomile that's unsafe for cats), chill it and dab it on the area with a clean cotton swab or similar. It's also safe if he ingests it :)
Thank you I will try this :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ModernCatLady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are you sure it is a razor burn and not a hot spot caused by the mat?
His groomer shaved his fur today and she said it is clipper burn. I sent the vet a message but they havent replied.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Ouch! 😱 I'm so sorry this happened and agree with Furballsmom Furballsmom suggestion to try the chamomile tea courtesy of Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 .
If you live in the U.S. I'm not surprised you didn't hear back from the vet since it is Memorial Day but hopefully the office will get in touch with you soon. Best of luck! :crossfingers: