Grisofulvin And Vomit

FunnyFaceFamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. I'm writing this whilst I wait for the vets to open so I can call them.

My 6 cats got dressed ringworm! Took them to vets and prescribed grisofulvin tabs and lamisil cream. Total nightmare trying to administer to 6 cats! Anyway that was 2 weeks ago. Now they all appear to be healing. Hair regrowth and no new spots. The dose the vet gave was half a pill every other day. Last night one of the cats threw up. She had just eaten a little dinner. Nothing more since and she seems fine this am. However her brother vomited without touching breakfast and is now very lethargic and sitting on his own. Won't touch any food. This is very unlike him. I was due to give them all meds today but I'm thinking maybe it's best to stop now? I'll check with the vet as soon as I can but what does everyone here think? Both only thrown up once so far and the other 4 seem totally fine. Thanks!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm guessing youve already spoken with your Vet by now, but vomiting is definitely one of the side effect of that medication. As with any drug, there can be many side effects :sigh:. Perhaps your Vet can give your an anti-emetic for the cats that aren't handling it so well. At least it seems to be working against the ringworm. That's a plus!

:vibes::vibes::vibes:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And please let us know what the vet said...and how the guys are doing!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FunnyFaceFamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry everyone for not replying sooner, i totally forgot i had posted! I spoke to the vet who agreed to stopping the grisofulvin. All kitties got over the ringworm and are back to being their cheeky haooy selves. Thank you for your support.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You're most welcome, and I'm thrilled that the furkids are back to normal!