Grinder recommendations

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Any grinder recommendations? I’m seeing the Tasson isn’t sold anymore.

darg

Gizmo
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went with a stainless steel Lem Big Bite grinder but if you were interested in the Tassin, the Lem may be well over your budget these days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don’t think you can buy the tasin anymore. I’ll check out the Lem.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I went with a stainless steel Lem Big Bite grinder but if you were interested in the Tassin, the Lem may be well over your budget these days.
I just got it and the auger doesn’t sit flush with cutting blade and front screen. I read instructions and it said that’s normal. It leaves a meat crevice.

does yours do the same thing?

darg

Gizmo
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I guess you're talking about the bit of meat that gets wrapped around between back of the blade and front of the auger ...
I send the meat through twice, once with the larger plate then through the smaller plate. That meat that wraps between the back of blade and front of auger gets ground anyway so I never worried about it or gave it much thought. I haven't owned another grinder before this one besides a hand crank so I wouldn't know any different anyway. But if it's problematic for you talk with Lem or return for a different brand if necessary.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you. My kitchen aid is flush but it’ll eventually break.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
I started feeding raw in 2007. For several years I prepared whole prey model meals, which was very time consuming. Finally, I realized that I would most likely be feeding this diet for many more years to come, so I bought a grinder. Understanding that I wanted something for the long road, I opted for a heavy duty machine… a Weston 22. It’s a beast, and it handles chicken bone like a champ (not any other bone, though).

I bought my Weston through One Stop Jerky website, though it looks like they are going out of business, and they don’t have the model any more. Weston does have their own site, though.

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I went with the Lem mainly I’m doing a double grind. I want to run liver through it. for what I’m planning it works out. If I was constantly grinding bone I would have gone Westin 22.

tips: it’s offset and do not tighten the front tight tight. Light hand snug.