Grieving our boy

trishc59

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We lost our boy Jacques on Sept 6, 2020. Jacques was a strong male cat, aggressive and very independent, but with me he was my baby. Jacques gave us 15 great years. I always hold my cats when we go to the Vet for their shots and checkups. Jacques hated going to the Vet so much we had to sedate him to take some of the stress of all of us. What i thought and knew would be a difficult trip to the animal hospital was because of the Covid we are not allowed inside. Jacques was having some constipation issues and then he stopped eating and of course he did this on Memorial weekend, on Sunday i just had a feeling we had to take to the hospital, handing his carrier off was the hardest moment of my life. I know what a difficult patient he is i know i restrain him with love, so my stress was through the roof.
The hospital called and said they wanted to do blood work to find out what was happening and i agreed, i began preparing myself to hear that he might have kidney disease or something that i would not want hear, but i knew at 15 anything could happen. The call i received next i could not have prepared myself for, before they could do blood work they notice his breathing was very labored so they did an ultra sound, seems he had a cancer mass that erupted and his heart and lungs were surrounded by blood. I spoke with the doctor and or cried with the doctor seeking the best course of action for my boy. The doctor said if it were her cat she would not put him through, trying to drain the blood as they could not guarantee he would even make it through that procedure, and if he did i would only be bringing him home to watch him grow weaker and die.
We had to make the decision to let our boy go we didn't want to put him through any more stress or pain. Thankfully the animal hospital allows you to come in for this to sit be with your pet have private time together. We did and then as i promised him i stayed with him kissing the top of his head and whispering to him until he was gone. We are heartbroken and miss so much.
It is a shock when you think you will be bringing your precious pet home and can't, we have his sister here so we are showering her with love because we know she was not able to say goodbye. We walk around the house like lost souls, hoping our Jacques knows how much we loved him and did not want him to suffer.
Thank you for reading, Jacques became my coworker during this Covid time, he was our buddy, our baby boy - Forever in our hearts.
MyJacques Forever.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jacques knows it very well how much you loved him and that you did what you did because you didn't want him to suffer.

Thanks God you were allowed in to say goodbye to him.
These times are hard enough, not being able to go in with our pets at a lot of clinics (mine allows me to be in there always, but I don't live in the US) is a real torture for us cat lovers.

Jacques is free from pain and sufference. His chest is free from that nasty beast that was killing him.
Now his lungs are free to breath in the fresh air at the Bridge, and is heart, no longer compressed by the cancer, can express all the love he had for you and will beat so loud that you will be able to hear it in the silence of the night, when he softly walks to you to say "Thank you for the wonderful life together".

RIP Jacques, you a sweet angel now.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry about Jacques, oh what a beautiful boy was he!! He is no longer suffering and
is at the Bridge as so many of our babies are.. My Vincie girl probably knocked down the other
girls so she could be the first to welcome him naughty but sociable girl that she is.He will come to
know the others soon I know you probably feel gutted and in shock. Be kind to yourself and let
the tears flow.

Love,
Mia :hugs: :rbheart: 💖

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so very sorry. I went through something similar in April with one of my kitties and I know how heartbreaking it is--handing off the carrier, expecting to take him home at some point, only to have to go back later to say your good-byes. :hugs:

He was a lucky kitty to have been so loved all his life. Rest in peace, little Jacques. :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Jaques, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a magnificent cat he was, is, and always will be! Please know that his love for you, now translated and purified into Love, has returned to be at your side. For Love abides, always, forever, Love abides. That part of him is with you still.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you lost your little friend, he looks like one of our cats Slim, all black, very sheek looking. It is so so difficult to go through what you had to go through, we also have taken cats to the vet thinking they could figure out what was wrong and keep them alive only to find out the end is near, it is so very heartbreaking and tough to make the choice to let them move on, but you did and he knows that it was only to end his suffering, and when you meet again one day he will thank you for it.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry that this happened, take care of his sister she needs you now, and you her. I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you. I am so thankful you were able to see him and hold him one more time, and I'm sure it comforted him. He will follow a new path now, but it will always be tied to your own through the bond of love. He will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers, so send him those of love and thankfulness, not pain and tears. And as you would have wanted for him if you were the first to go, go forward into life and seek its joys and find happiness as he wants for you. Because that is love. Us your beautiful memories to bring comfort and know in time you will not cry for the loss of him, but smile because he was there.....RIP sweet Jaques. You will forever be missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Rowen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We lost our boy Jacques on Sept 6, 2020. Jacques was a strong male cat, aggressive and very independent, but with me he was my baby. Jacques gave us 15 great years. I always hold my cats when we go to the Vet for their shots and checkups. Jacques hated going to the Vet so much we had to sedate him to take some of the stress of all of us. What i thought and knew would be a difficult trip to the animal hospital was because of the Covid we are not allowed inside. Jacques was having some constipation issues and then he stopped eating and of course he did this on Memorial weekend, on Sunday i just had a feeling we had to take to the hospital, handing his carrier off was the hardest moment of my life. I know what a difficult patient he is i know i restrain him with love, so my stress was through the roof.
The hospital called and said they wanted to do blood work to find out what was happening and i agreed, i began preparing myself to hear that he might have kidney disease or something that i would not want hear, but i knew at 15 anything could happen. The call i received next i could not have prepared myself for, before they could do blood work they notice his breathing was very labored so they did an ultra sound, seems he had a cancer mass that erupted and his heart and lungs were surrounded by blood. I spoke with the doctor and or cried with the doctor seeking the best course of action for my boy. The doctor said if it were her cat she would not put him through, trying to drain the blood as they could not guarantee he would even make it through that procedure, and if he did i would only be bringing him home to watch him grow weaker and die.
We had to make the decision to let our boy go we didn't want to put him through any more stress or pain. Thankfully the animal hospital allows you to come in for this to sit be with your pet have private time together. We did and then as i promised him i stayed with him kissing the top of his head and whispering to him until he was gone. We are heartbroken and miss so much.
It is a shock when you think you will be bringing your precious pet home and can't, we have his sister here so we are showering her with love because we know she was not able to say goodbye. We walk around the house like lost souls, hoping our Jacques knows how much we loved him and did not want him to suffer.
Thank you for reading, Jacques became my coworker during this Covid time, he was our buddy, our baby boy - Forever in our hearts.
View attachment 350614
I'm so sorry to hear about your beautiful boy so suddenly, you just don't know many times that there is something wrong when it comes to cat's- they hide so much. I lost my little Gem August 5th she had been battling with GI Lymphoma and started having breathing problems which I thought was a respiratory infection- we'd be coming home with antibiotics. Like you I had to hand her off they xrayed her and she had fluid around her lungs and in abdomen. I was allowed in but she died from the sedative before I saw her. I did get to say goodbye to her but I was in shock, I still can't believe she's gone. We want them to live as long as us and have beautiful soft endings. You loved him and he knew it, and like my Gem, every box turned into a perch!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about your beautiful boy so suddenly, you just don't know many times that there is something wrong when it comes to cat's- they hide so much. I lost my little Gem August 5th she had been battling with GI Lymphoma and started having breathing problems which I thought was a respiratory infection- we'd be coming home with antibiotics. Like you I had to hand her off they xrayed her and she had fluid around her lungs and in abdomen. I was allowed in but she died from the sedative before I saw her. I did get to say goodbye to her but I was in shock, I still can't believe she's gone. We want them to live as long as us and have beautiful soft endings. You loved him and he knew it, and like my Gem, every box turned into a perch!
Your kitty in your avatar looks like it could be my Sylvester's brother lol!!! :clapcat: :biggrin:

Catsmother70

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww I am so sorry to hear that your fur baby has passed.
I dread the day when I have to say goodbye to my Milo.