Grief and adoption

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
:bigeyes:đź’• Good Morning !! Coal is adorable !!! I am so glad things seem to be going in the right direction, slow but sure !! I saw you are thinking about starting a new thread .. please be sure I dont miss it ! I'm still new , and I would love to follow it if you do ! Sorry I have missed a few days .. I am training a new RN at work.. she has been a brain drain on me LOL .. she is very bright but unsure of herself. Normally I orientate new staff for an hour .. I am up to 5 on this one ,and she is shadowing me for 2 more today ! LOL .. anyway, more help is always an investment in my time in the long run... as for Miss Peanut, she is doing great. She will be seeing our vet for her initial visit tomorrow . I expect all will go well. I'll have to let you know how it goes :) by the way Sylorna ...have you heard of Pretty litter ? its this clear litter you can get online. it changes color when your cat pees on it , to alert you if a UTI is brewing . the different colors it changes have meaning.. pretty cool ! not really expensive , and if his pee is worrisome to you , might be worth it just to set your mind at ease. Or ask a vet , at least, if it is effective and worth buying ? so glad to hear things are settling . Yay !! :cheerleader: PS here is a new pic of Princess Peanut.. now taking right over LOL ! 20210819_052015.jpg

Last edited:

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
by the way ... has anyone heard from Karmakat2436 ? hope she is doing ok :heartshape: . hasn't posted in a while. She was really struggling with the grief of her baby Karma passing. If you see this KarmKat. here's a hug for ya .. just saying..thinking of ya !:grouphug:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:bigeyes:đź’• Good Morning !! Coal is adorable !!! I am so glad things seem to be going in the right direction, slow but sure !! I saw you are thinking about starting a new thread .. please be sure I dont miss it ! I'm still new , and I would love to follow it if you do ! Sorry I have missed a few days .. I am training a new RN at work.. she has been a brain drain on me LOL .. she is very bright but unsure of herself. Normally I orientate new staff for an hour .. I am up to 5 on this one ,and she is shadowing me for 2 more today ! LOL .. anyway, more help is always an investment in my time in the long run... as for Miss Peanut, she is doing great. She will be seeing our vet for her initial visit tomorrow . I expect all will go well. I'll have to let you know how it goes :) by the way Sylorna ...have you heard of Pretty litter ? its this clear litter you can get online. it changes color when your cat pees on it , to alert you if a UTI is brewing . the different colors it changes have meaning.. pretty cool ! not really expensive , and if his pee is worrisome to you , might be worth it just to set your mind at ease. Or ask a vet , at least, if it is effective and worth buying ? so glad to hear things are settling . Yay !! :cheerleader: PS here is a new pic of Princess Peanut.. now taking right over LOL ! View attachment 392395
Hospital life is hard! I'm dragging my heels this morning after being bawled out by 2 nurses yesterday. I'm a Recreational Therapist and it's hard to get respect. I really don't want to go!
Coal woke me up bright and early this morning with the meowing. It's annoying but he's cute so I don't get mad.
We got 2 well formed about 2-3 inch sized pees yesterday, and much less of the broken up stuff. Hoping that this is a good direction! Thanks for the pretty litter recommendation, I'll consider it if it continues to be a focus of my worry. For now, I'm back to his eyes, but I need to trust that 2 vets know what they're doing. Otherwise doing well!
We were hoping to let him into the rest of the apartment and to meet Yuki tonight, but my husband says she was drooling yesterday. She is his cat. I'm not sure if he will want a vet visit first so she's not stressed or what? She has been acting so old since dynah left. I hope all is ok.
Miss Peanut is so sweet! Just the colouring my daughter would go nuts for! I'm glad she is settling in!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:bigeyes:đź’• Good Morning !! Coal is adorable !!! I am so glad things seem to be going in the right direction, slow but sure !! I saw you are thinking about starting a new thread .. please be sure I dont miss it ! I'm still new , and I would love to follow it if you do ! Sorry I have missed a few days .. I am training a new RN at work.. she has been a brain drain on me LOL .. she is very bright but unsure of herself. Normally I orientate new staff for an hour .. I am up to 5 on this one ,and she is shadowing me for 2 more today ! LOL .. anyway, more help is always an investment in my time in the long run... as for Miss Peanut, she is doing great. She will be seeing our vet for her initial visit tomorrow . I expect all will go well. I'll have to let you know how it goes :) by the way Sylorna ...have you heard of Pretty litter ? its this clear litter you can get online. it changes color when your cat pees on it , to alert you if a UTI is brewing . the different colors it changes have meaning.. pretty cool ! not really expensive , and if his pee is worrisome to you , might be worth it just to set your mind at ease. Or ask a vet , at least, if it is effective and worth buying ? so glad to hear things are settling . Yay !! :cheerleader: PS here is a new pic of Princess Peanut.. now taking right over LOL ! View attachment 392395
Princess Peanut is absolutely adorable! SNORGLES on her from me!
Hope the trainee works out very well and that you will be able to go on from this stage soon. Thank you both for your service!

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
Princess Peanut is absolutely adorable! SNORGLES on her from me!
Hope the trainee works out very well and that you will be able to go on from this stage soon. Thank you both for your service!
thank you , Tarasgirl06 ! today went very well, work wise. after 7 hrs of shadowing me , this nurse decided she can step up and do this ! yay ! we need the help, for sure.. my patience will pay off. she is very sweet , but in her 70s and wasn't sure she was up to this task. I think she is , and would have said so if I thought otherwise. She is going to try 2 shifts next week... time will tell. I am scheduled for a mini stay-cation end of August.. looking forward to some R and R !! :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you , Tarasgirl06 ! today went very well, work wise. after 7 hrs of shadowing me , this nurse decided she can step up and do this ! yay ! we need the help, for sure.. my patience will pay off. she is very sweet , but in her 70s and wasn't sure she was up to this task. I think she is , and would have said so if I thought otherwise. She is going to try 2 shifts next week... time will tell. I am scheduled for a mini stay-cation end of August.. looking forward to some R and R !! :)
Wow. In her 70s and still doing that? Of course I hope it works out well for everyone concerned, but how far this society has fallen, that someone of that age still has to be on her feet and working outside the home!

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow. In her 70s and still doing that? Of course I hope it works out well for everyone concerned, but how far this society has fallen, that someone of that age still has to be on her feet and working outside the home!
aw.. dont feel too sorry for her.. it is her choice . she has retired 3x now and come back because she has missed it ! We are doing a quiet home care case with a young girl on dialysis , who is lovely.. she can handle it. She is also an ' expert" in infection control .. so she'll be an great addition ..we all better watch ourselves ! :lol: I knew I would like her right away when she told me she has 4 kitties, too!! A cat momma ... sounds ok to me :biggrin: !

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning friends ! if you can stand a few more pics.. here is some sweetness for ya .. I just realized I have more pics of my kitties than my 2 granddaughters .. ut oh ! LOL :flail:
Adorable! *And that's as it should be. No matter how much we love our human family members, NO human could ever be as cute as a cat.*

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
:dizzycat:awww ... what a morning ! good and bad .. Today was Peanuts first visit to our vet. The shelter agreement here is that you will take kitty within a few weeks and set up as a new patient. She is ok, but its a " new patient "visit. They file her records from the shelter and take it from here. Make sure she healing ok (incision from spay) no fleas, ear mites, etc... First the GOOD news.. she is in PERFECT health !poo poo has no parasites , ears, eyes, weight ...everything is FINE ..all shots up to date; Doc said she was such a sweet girl ..didn't swipe , or nip or even squawk at him. Cooperative as could be . Diet is going well, and I can start to dial it back as she is no longer feeding babies. milk is dried up ; doesn't have to go back for 1 yr( barring emergencies, of course) and her microchip info is now stored at vets as well ( should she be lost somehow ) .... all GOOD . now the bad.. I put her in her pet taxi. in my car.. taking her out. Its not a long drive. The poor thing was TERRIFIED .. she was shaking, mouth wide open , tongue hanging out and drooling , panting !! I felt so bad for her ! made me realize .. we just dont know what these poor things have been through before we get them. Did she think I was taking her back to the shelter ? I dont know what she thought .. but she was petrified. I talked to her , soothing her all the way, but she isn't trusting me 100 % yet. She wasn't complaining .. like Bella would.. Bella would know where we were headed... Peanut was more just terrified of the unknown. ... on the way home, I rang my brother up on my cell ..it comes thru wireless on my speaker system.. and had HIM talk to her .. she calmed somewhat.. mostly by the fascination of HOW did he get IN THERE?! .. but still very frightened until we were actually home. ... I have never seen a cat so scared before ! Neither Snowball or Bella ever reacted that way before. Granted they didn't LIKE going , but were not outright petrified to the point of drooling ! đź’” she was fine once we got home , and I am glad they didn't have to actually DO anything to her today. no shot or anything. only looked her over. so it wasn't such a bad visit. Maybe next time wont be as traumatic for her.... at least we got all good news !!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:dizzycat:awww ... what a morning ! good and bad .. Today was Peanuts first visit to our vet. The shelter agreement here is that you will take kitty within a few weeks and set up as a new patient. She is ok, but its a " new patient "visit. They file her records from the shelter and take it from here. Make sure she healing ok (incision from spay) no fleas, ear mites, etc... First the GOOD news.. she is in PERFECT health !poo poo has no parasites , ears, eyes, weight ...everything is FINE ..all shots up to date; Doc said she was such a sweet girl ..didn't swipe , or nip or even squawk at him. Cooperative as could be . Diet is going well, and I can start to dial it back as she is no longer feeding babies. milk is dried up ; doesn't have to go back for 1 yr( barring emergencies, of course) and her microchip info is now stored at vets as well ( should she be lost somehow ) .... all GOOD . now the bad.. I put her in her pet taxi. in my car.. taking her out. Its not a long drive. The poor thing was TERRIFIED .. she was shaking, mouth wide open , tongue hanging out and drooling , panting !! I felt so bad for her ! made me realize .. we just dont know what these poor things have been through before we get them. Did she think I was taking her back to the shelter ? I dont know what she thought .. but she was petrified. I talked to her , soothing her all the way, but she isn't trusting me 100 % yet. She wasn't complaining .. like Bella would.. Bella would know where we were headed... Peanut was more just terrified of the unknown. ... on the way home, I rang my brother up on my cell ..it comes thru wireless on my speaker system.. and had HIM talk to her .. she calmed somewhat.. mostly by the fascination of HOW did he get IN THERE?! .. but still very frightened until we were actually home. ... I have never seen a cat so scared before ! Neither Snowball or Bella ever reacted that way before. Granted they didn't LIKE going , but were not outright petrified to the point of drooling ! đź’” she was fine once we got home , and I am glad they didn't have to actually DO anything to her today. no shot or anything. only looked her over. so it wasn't such a bad visit. Maybe next time wont be as traumatic for her.... at least we got all good news !!
Yay for good news! Congratulations! I'm dreading our first visit in a couple of weeks because that's when I get a real diagnosis for his eyes (confident that he is healthy every other way). I bet she was perfect for the doc.
Might be worth the effort to try to make her more comfortable with the car for the future. With my late cat I left the carrier in the living room with treats and pillows etc for a week, then did short bits of him being in there with treats (very short leading to 5 mins or so), then we went to the car and just sat awhile, then went around the block, etc. Each step was only done after he was comfortable with the previous step and it took a few months of practicing for a few minutes once or twice a week. Eventually he was pretty good in the car. Coal didn't eat for 25 hours when I first brought him home. I'm dreading what he will be like after the vet. Doesn't seem to give two hoots about the carrier though, so that's a positive step.
Good thinking on calling your brother!
Yay for healthy kitties again! Woo!

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yay for good news! Congratulations! I'm dreading our first visit in a couple of weeks because that's when I get a real diagnosis for his eyes (confident that he is healthy every other way). I bet she was perfect for the doc.
Might be worth the effort to try to make her more comfortable with the car for the future. With my late cat I left the carrier in the living room with treats and pillows etc for a week, then did short bits of him being in there with treats (very short leading to 5 mins or so), then we went to the car and just sat awhile, then went around the block, etc. Each step was only done after he was comfortable with the previous step and it took a few months of practicing for a few minutes once or twice a week. Eventually he was pretty good in the car. Coal didn't eat for 25 hours when I first brought him home. I'm dreading what he will be like after the vet. Doesn't seem to give two hoots about the carrier though, so that's a positive step.
Good thinking on calling your brother!
Yay for healthy kitties again! Woo!
what great tips Sylorna, thanks ! I actually had the carrier out with a towel in it. never put it away when we brought her home, but she ignored it for the most part. I didn't put treats in it or make like little bed . The only time she has been in the car was to come home from shelter , go to vet. Great tips there , so next year wont be so bad!! Peanut was actually fine once we got home.. I set the carrier down, opened the door and let her come out on her own. she headed over to her food bowl, then her potty.. then in to see Daddy..guess making the rounds ? everything seemed in order ,and she was fine LOL.. I hope all will go fine with Coal, too. Like I said, we just dont know what they have endured, and up until today she has been FINE. It was sad to see her so scared, even tho I KNEW she was fine ..poor thing !

Karmakat2436

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
by the way ... has anyone heard from Karmakat2436 ? hope she is doing ok :heartshape: . hasn't posted in a while. She was really struggling with the grief of her baby Karma passing. If you see this KarmKat. here's a hug for ya .. just saying..thinking of ya !:grouphug:
Thank you so much for thinking of me and the hug…I appreciate it….I’m not doing well at all….I did adopt a new kitty from a rescue and it’s not a good fit at all and I’m so disappointed….it will never ever lay by me or cuddle beside me it is someplace in the house laying anywhere but usually not even in same room, I tried being so nice to it for so long trying to cuddle it and hold it near me etc and jumps down and wanders off…I really need a kitty like Karma always laying by me as I suffer bad depression and worse since mom died a few months ago who was my huge support as well as Karma…I have a huge outdoor cardio in the yard …with a high fence she can’t escape from…built for Karma and she prefers to sit there all day…even when I keep her inside she wanders and is so restless no interest at all being indoors or with me…when she is outside she comes in once in awhile I try to get her to snooze by me but nope no interest…plus now I discovered it is scratching her neck like crazy when I adopted her and took her home noticed a big deep cut on her back neck…took her to vet bandaged her etc…it healed took off bandages …back to scratching..always changing rags then when I take them off back to awful scratching finally too her to vet again put her on a hypoallergenic diet…she is also a few pounds overweight which I didn’t realize till after the rescue gave me the health check report so should be on a weight management food…I’m so tired of all these issues and get nothing in return from her…no love or cuddles etc…and the foster mom told me she is a huge cuddler…obviously was not correct….my brother took to her more as he is outside a lot so she is with him….but even with him coming inside she ignores him….which makes him upset too…but with me inside and depressed this cat is not an emotional support kitty which is what I told the foster mom of this cat at the rescue…but I think when she had to give it up and take it back to the pet store it really upset her and she wanted anyone to rescue it as she cried when she gave it back….as it is a very friendly and gentle…so it is a real sweet cat…just not a good fit for me….now I feel stuck…this cat was a stray so I think she just got use to being on her own and doesn’t need much human interaction. I feel more depressed now and without hope and missing Karma even more she was such a loving cat. Also, the added expense of all this expensive food right off the hop is not something I needed as I’m on a fixed income being off due to depression. I had Karma on two prescription diets but she had hyperthyroidism so didn’t eat a lot and I could free feed her…this one is always hungry as she is ona diet and constantly meowing for food…ugh I just didnt need all this..rather not have any cat as I can barely look after myself….sorry this is so long..but just needed to vent I guess…thank you for reading.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for thinking of me and the hug…I appreciate it….I’m not doing well at all….I did adopt a new kitty from a rescue and it’s not a good fit at all and I’m so disappointed….it will never ever lay by me or cuddle beside me it is someplace in the house laying anywhere but usually not even in same room, I tried being so nice to it for so long trying to cuddle it and hold it near me etc and jumps down and wanders off…I really need a kitty like Karma always laying by me as I suffer bad depression and worse since mom died a few months ago who was my huge support as well as Karma…I have a huge outdoor cardio in the yard …with a high fence she can’t escape from…built for Karma and she prefers to sit there all day…even when I keep her inside she wanders and is so restless no interest at all being indoors or with me…when she is outside she comes in once in awhile I try to get her to snooze by me but nope no interest…plus now I discovered it is scratching her neck like crazy when I adopted her and took her home noticed a big deep cut on her back neck…took her to vet bandaged her etc…it healed took off bandages …back to scratching..always changing rags then when I take them off back to awful scratching finally too her to vet again put her on a hypoallergenic diet…she is also a few pounds overweight which I didn’t realize till after the rescue gave me the health check report so should be on a weight management food…I’m so tired of all these issues and get nothing in return from her…no love or cuddles etc…and the foster mom told me she is a huge cuddler…obviously was not correct….my brother took to her more as he is outside a lot so she is with him….but even with him coming inside she ignores him….which makes him upset too…but with me inside and depressed this cat is not an emotional support kitty which is what I told the foster mom of this cat at the rescue…but I think when she had to give it up and take it back to the pet store it really upset her and she wanted anyone to rescue it as she cried when she gave it back….as it is a very friendly and gentle…so it is a real sweet cat…just not a good fit for me….now I feel stuck…this cat was a stray so I think she just got use to being on her own and doesn’t need much human interaction. I feel more depressed now and without hope and missing Karma even more she was such a loving cat. Also, the added expense of all this expensive food right off the hop is not something I needed as I’m on a fixed income being off due to depression. I had Karma on two prescription diets but she had hyperthyroidism so didn’t eat a lot and I could free feed her…this one is always hungry as she is ona diet and constantly meowing for food…ugh I just didnt need all this..rather not have any cat as I can barely look after myself….sorry this is so long..but just needed to vent I guess…thank you for reading.
I just pray she will be all right. Many cats, like most people, take awhile to adjust to new environments and families. She needs support and caring and love. May she receive all of these!