GREY poop - How worried should I be?

ty1089

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I saw my 7 month old kitty pass a very grey looking poop.  It was well formed but really grey (light to medium grey), and very pasty looking, as well as appearing to have a light coat of mucus on it.  

I have 4 cats in total, so it can be a real challenge to see whose pooping what.  However, I did manage to catch him passing another poop, about several days later.  That one also had a grey cast to it, but it wasn't as drastically grey as the previous I saw.  

The other strange bit is that he had been drinking a lot of water, I first noticed it around 2.5 weeks ago.  For the last week or so, his water consumption has gone down to a lower level.  I feed my cats only wet food, so usually they don't drink that much, including this guy.  

Other than this, throughout, he has been very alert and active, running around like a crazy monkey bothering his siblings.  

How worried should I be about the grey poop and the previous high water consumption? 

I have been examining the poops when I scoop them for colour, but I find that they have dried or are covered in a lot of litter so it's hard to tell whether he's still pooping very grey feces.  

Just a FYI, he was neutered in late Oct., and he was also on oral Itraconazole for ringworm up until about 3 weeks ago.  Wondering if either the anaethesia or oral fungal medicine has anything to do with this...  Anyone experienced something like this before?   

Thank you in advance for any advice/input. 

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Neutering doesn't make any difference but maybe the ringworm treatment did.  And you can cut the poo in half to see what colour it is without being covered in litter...