Grey Diarrhoea

FunnyFaceFamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, my boy Charlie got trapped in an abandoned house for two days, 1.5nights late last week. He went outside thursday morning, i don't know if he ate breakfast or not that day, we finally found him at 1.30am friday night/saturday morning. It was sweltering hot, it's been 45c 111f here lately. He was very weak and lethargic, a little confused. He drank lots of water as soon as he was home, then i made up some royal canin rehydration solution for him. It took me 12 hours to get 100ml in him. By 7am saturday he was eating small amounts of wet food by himself, we sparked his appetite with tinned tuna. He has continued to eat wet food since. Not quite to his normal appetite but getting there. He is drinking by himself too. Anyway, we popped out to the grocery store this afternoon and when we got back we discovered he had had diarrhoea, he made it to the litter tray but it was a grey almost clay colour. We are taking him to the vets in a couple of hours when they open, he is still nibbling at his food and i have given him a little royal canin recovery food blended with water via syringe. I'm so worried about hepatic lipidosis. I will of course request a liver panel. He doesn't appear jaundiced and has not shown signs of dehydration since yesterday midday. I've rubbed hid gums and done the tent test. Any advicr anyone?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Glad you are taking him to the vet!! Is it possible the rehydration solution caused the unusual colored diarrhea? If he appears better and is eating and drinking, don't worry too much - just wait to see what the vet has to say. Maybe he will go again after eating something besides the solution, and his poop might look a little bit more normal!!!! :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FunnyFaceFamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well we are at the vets now. No fever, no jaundice, mucus membranes are ok, no physical signs of dehydration, just waiting for blood results. Fingers crossed whatever it is, is easily treatable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FunnyFaceFamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So they ran cbc and chemistry and just to be sure, toxoplasmosis and the only issue showing is slight dehydration. Weird!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hate to say it but maybe he was eating the mice in the abandoned house. Just a thought! In that case, thank goodness for those mice.!