Greetings

maeganj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all! I live out in Boone NC. In the summer of 2016 a young cat about a year old showed up at my house. I have an origin theory story for him as a few of our "neighbors" passed away back to back so he may have been inadvertently left behind. He was semi feral but somehow he must've felt safe here because he stuck around. I couldn't think of a name so I just called him Keekee.🙈 long story short he's become our amazing pet cat. He loves to go on hikes with us everyday on our property and sleeps with me most nights. He's gone on trips to my parents house 6 hours away when my husband and I had to work overseas and fell right into their routines and became best friends with their cat. They liked having him so much they wanted to keep him! We recently visited the humane society here and my husband must've gotten infected by a cat bacteria because now he wants another one.
I came here for cat lovers' tips and tricks. Just about me, I love animals in general and have a small up and coming farm. I also enjoy formulating homemade recipes for my GSD puppy and for friend's/family's pets. If we get a new cat we are looking into Maine Coon, for whatever reason my husband is stuck on that breed!
20200201_190822.jpg
20190720_153902.jpg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
071EB459-F3B8-4DF1-9993-645E801EBC2E.gif
maeganj and Keekee and doggies, on behalf The Catsite community, a warm
WelcomeCatBlackMat.gif
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for taking Keekee in and for giving him a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out his life :clapcat: and great to see that he's getting along well with the dogs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: It was definitely fate that Keekee found his way to you. He is an extremely handsome black beauty.:bigeyes: You have a lovely fur family. :bluepaw: BTW, our last dog was a GSD and I absolutely love the breed.:hearthrob:

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and your gang!! :hyper: :clap: :welcomesign::hellosmiley::bigeyes: 🐕🐕
Your cat and dogs are beautiful!
Thanks for keeping keekee. I love this community because they have been so supportive and helpful to me. My cats have definitely reaped the benefits of all the wisdom here 😄. And my husband definitely got kitten virus! He’s never really had anything to do with my cats until we got Jemima last July. Then Lucca three months later.. the rest is history lol 😂

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you, KeeKee, and your pups! What a GORGEOUS cat he is! Yep, the cat virus is quite contagious. I have it, as well, but my girl won't allow me to get another. She's a Highland kitty..."THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!"

You live in a beautiful place! I spent several days in Boone quite a few years ago, and fell in love with it.

1583890826425.png

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:to you and your fur family KeeKee is beautiful. And the dog's so cute. Good luck finding your purrfect maine coon they are gorgeous cat's.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
What beauties you have! I love the first pic. It's as if Keekee is saying, "Yeah, they listen to me because I'm in charge around here." :flail: