Greetings, need advice for stray

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After a prolonged silence, she came back this morning! She immediately started rolling around when she saw me. I played with her a while, but out of respect for the (assumed) owner, didn’t give her any food. She does however eat grass. And she looks like she gained some weight. I wish I knew who her owner was.
Any chance to attach a note to her collar?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mechster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This evening around 5pm, I tried something different, by walking out of my house through the front door and taking a long walk to the restaurant. She followed me outside, and weaved in and out of surrounding neighbors properties, but never went out further than anyone’s property line. of

I am starting to think she needs another cat companion, but for now, it appears to be me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mechster

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This evening around 5pm, I tried something different, by walking out of my house through the front door and taking a long walk to the restaurant. She followed me outside, and weaved in and out of surrounding neighbors properties, but never went out further than anyone’s property line. of

I am starting to think she needs another cat companion, but for now, it appears to be me.
Sorry, could not finish last post, I fat fingered the Post Reply button.

I meant to add she must have returned to her home after I walked back home later in the evening.

Anyway, the only way I can get to her collar is by feeding her, reluctant to do this. Will see if I can find another way.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand that accessing to her collar is source of distress and/or distrust for the cat because it takes some time to attach something, so I'm wondering if something quicker can be done, like a tiny carabiner with a note at the other end. It's rather a quick maneuver.

Well, it isn't that important, but it would be nice to know them/let them know ;)

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think she's making it clear that she wants human companionship, and that human is you. My take on pet ownership is that it means providing shelter, food, love, and vet care - spay/neuter most importantly if the cat is outside. The fact that this kitty is asking you for attention, eating grass which often means a tummy problem, and outside, points to a person who is only marginally a pet "owner".I'd put that concern way down on your priority list. Focus on the kitty and what feels right to you. And your shelter is fantastic !