Greetings from Titan & Tillie

Phalno

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Greetings One & All from Virginia,

We are the proud family members of Titan and Tillie (I hope the images are not too large, I sized them down to 800x600).

Titan
Was adopted from a local animal rescue, he was approximated at 6mo old, we brought him home around the same time our youngest child turned 6mo old he is now about 7 years old. So they have grown up together in the same home and he will allow that child to do just about anything. Titan is a gentle natured, quiet cat who enjoys being held and receiving affection, he will play some from time to time but not as much as when he was a kitten. Titan was neutered and declawed before we adopted him. I believe they said he was a Mackeral Tabby.

Titan prefers freshwater, cold or from the faucet, he has an even straight walk with a prowling hunch to his shoulders. He likes to lay out on his back spread wide and cannot resist lying on freshly cleaned fabrics, clothes, towels etc. He has no desire to go outside has weak teeth the vet says so he prefers softer foods but also needs a low-fat diet as he was recently identified to be overweight and had signs of a fatty liver. The picture below is a couple of years old, but a good front photo. He makes little noise at most times, but when he does he is very very loud. For example when going on a trip to the vet. He does not really play with cat toys unless a person is involved, if it is a singular activity type of toy he has no interest at all. But loves a good box.

He has a pink nose, short white socks in front, and long white socks in the back with an hourglass white tummy. He has a tan goatee like coloring, looks like food staining but it is natural hair color and he has a magnificent fluffy white chest.

IMG_0670sm.jpg

Tillie
Was recently adopted to keep Titan company when the house was empty, before the pandemic. She was adopted from another local animal rescue, she was only 1.5 months old, she is about two years old now. Tillie is a playful cat who tolerates being held in small doses. Tillie was spayed before we adopted her, she has her claws and uses them, on the carpet, the couches despite our attempts to train her otherwise. I can't recall what they called her diverse coloring I think it may have been something like a speckled Tabby? She has a mixture of white, grey, tan, and brown that allows her to blend in alot.

Tillie is not as choosy when it comes to food or water. When she walks her back is slanted so that her rear is higher than her chest and she sways from side to side rubbing her side along the walls, the doorframes, your legs, cabinet doors. She is more vocal than Titan, especially at night when everyone has just gone to bed and she seems to feel lonely or wants to play. She will play with any kind of toy and unlike Titan will take toys out of a basket to play with them by herself and leave them lying around the house like a child. When picked up she tends to spread her front paws and claws out though not at you just like stretching.

Tillie has a pinkishness around the mouth that almost looks like lipstick. a small white patch on her chest and a bit of whiteness to her tummy otherwise she is pretty evenly covered in that mixture of shades.

IMG_3058sm.jpg

Below are a pair of shots of them together. When Tillie was first introduced they did not care much for each other. Now they alternate between ignoring each other, roughhousing and cuddling together like a ying and yang.

Both of them have breakaway collars with bells and ID tags that bear a contact number should one ever get outside. I am sure I could go on and on, but I should probably conclude this introduction.

IMG_3503sm.jpg
IMG_2384sm.jpg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!

These are gorgeous photos of gorgeous cats - I'm glad they have you! :cloud9::heartshape:

Have you had a chance to research the fatty liver diagnosis further?

Last edited:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
9221ab70ef24aec94064cac998245088.gif
Phalno, Titan and Tillie, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
a46377e59d67d998304b4860c4348255.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Cute lovely cats are they :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Do post more photos of them and we have special threads just for them here in show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378 and post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitties are up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello. and welcome to the Cat Site! Tillie is considered a Dilute Tortoiseshell in the cat world, and Titan with his 'spots' (as much as I can see) would be a Broken Mackeral Tabby with white. They are absolutely beautiful and they, and you, are so blessed to have found each other!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you, Titan and Tillie! They are both gorgeous. I do have to profess a weakness for torties, and calicos, and especially the Dilute variation, which simply means that the black and orange are diluted to gray and cream.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Phalno

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!

These are gorgeous photos of gorgeous cats - I'm glad they have you! :cloud9::heartshape:

Have you had a chance to research the fatty liver diagnosis further?
Hello and Thank you. I suppose the answer is no? We initially took Titan to the Vet for some changes in behavior, after the diagnosis a change of diet was suggested. The dry food we were giving him/them was very high in fat content. We changed the food to something with much less fat and over time his behavior improved. It's been a little while but I don't recall a follow-up, there could have been one and I've simply forgotten I can be forgetful. But he appears to have lost some weight and is more active, eating better, and so on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Phalno

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. and welcome to the Cat Site! Tillie is considered a Dilute Tortoiseshell in the cat world, and Titan with his 'spots' (as much as I can see) would be a Broken Mackeral Tabby with white. They are absolutely beautiful and they, and you, are so blessed to have found each other!
Hello and Thank you, here are a couple of right-side profile shots, each appears to be from around June. This year on the carpet, last year on the shelf. That better display his color variations, I had some left shots but they were older or not as clear. In the one from this June you can still see where his belly was shaved from when he had the ultrasound about the fatty liver.

IMG_2696 (Edited)sm.jpg
IMG_3516(Edited)sm.jpg