Greetings from Maple and Miso

maplemiso

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!

I am a new kitten owner (also a first-time pet owner) from Canada. I have to admit I was extremely anxious and having regrets for the first few days. I was having trouble eating and sleeping because of the commitment anxiety that I have to take care of a baby kitten. I felt like my old routine has been disturbed. Many times I had these panic attacks and wanted to rehome him. But a lot of the posts here really helped and the anxiety is completely gone now! I am in love with my baby Miso and he is such a well-behaved and cute boy. He is adjusting super well (lots of eating, drinking, pooping, and sleeping). I hope to interact a lot on the site and get to know all about taking care of kitties!

Here are some pictures of cutie Miso:

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 2.53.01 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 2.53.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 2.53.49 PM.png

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome!
It is not uncommon to have anxiety or even initial regrets over a new cat. To be honest, I have definitely felt anxious about getting a new cat.
But he is so cute. Take lots of pictures of him as a kitten because it will go fast!
Please feel free to share more photos. We’re so happy to have you. Welcome, and I hope to see you around here on TCS!

skygem

Guardian of a little old grandpa named Rayleigh
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh that's such a mood. I'm also a first time pet owner and have had so much anxiety since I brought my senior cat home, especially since he's been sick this past week. I've been feeling so guilty, wondering if I'm giving him the life he deserves.

But even just the thought of rehoming him makes me want to cry because I can't imagine him being with someone else. He's my baby, and he will be for the rest of his life (hopefully).

Anyways, welcome to the site and hope to see you around! Miso is such a gorgeous baby!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maplemiso

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh that's such a mood. I'm also a first time pet owner and have had so much anxiety since I brought my senior cat home, especially since he's been sick this past week. I've been feeling so guilty, wondering if I'm giving him the life he deserves.

But even just the thought of rehoming him makes me want to cry because I can't imagine him being with someone else. He's my baby, and he will be for the rest of his life (hopefully).

Anyways, welcome to the site and hope to see you around! Miso is such a gorgeous baby!
Oh no! So sorry to hear that your kitty is sick :( It's the worst feeling. Hope he is doing better and virtual hugs to you both!

skygem

Guardian of a little old grandpa named Rayleigh
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh no! So sorry to hear that your kitty is sick :( It's the worst feeling. Hope he is doing better and virtual hugs to you both!
Thank you so much! He's got an ear infection that has been making him miserable, but we're on day 6 of his ear drops, and he's more interested in playing already, so that's a good sign!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
a882493d2ef6a47ffb091a7c38d81ff2.jpg
and Miso. On behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
27fcc15df3fba68a2a4b868777fc711c.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Miso is lovely! :redheartpump: :hearthrob: Do post moe photos of her and we have a special thread just for her in post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378 and many fun thread here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

bringing-home-a-new-cat-the-complete-guide.29657
first-time-cat-owners-guide.33669
how-to-help-a-new-cat-adjust-to-your-home.32804
common-foods-that-are-harmful-to-cats.30181
household-chemicals-and-your-cats.29641
first-aid-for-cats.22464
cats-lilies-avoid-the-danger-lurking-in-your-home.33397
the-litterbox-what-every-cat-owner-needs-to-know.33457
how-to-choose-the-right-litterbox.32515

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: And congrats on the new kitten! :bouquet: He's an absolute darling. :catlove:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!

I am a new kitten owner (also a first-time pet owner) from Canada. I have to admit I was extremely anxious and having regrets for the first few days. I was having trouble eating and sleeping because of the commitment anxiety that I have to take care of a baby kitten. I felt like my old routine has been disturbed. Many times I had these panic attacks and wanted to rehome him. But a lot of the posts here really helped and the anxiety is completely gone now! I am in love with my baby Miso and he is such a well-behaved and cute boy. He is adjusting super well (lots of eating, drinking, pooping, and sleeping). I hope to interact a lot on the site and get to know all about taking care of kitties!

Here are some pictures of cutie Miso:

View attachment 379645
View attachment 379646
View attachment 379647

Your concern about looking after a small kitten shows that you are responsible and caring. I would be more worried if you had no concerns at all. I have had cats most of my life and found they give back many times over the effort I give them.

Dont worry, be happy and enjoy your new baby. And as other have said....take lots of pics and post them here.