graycie stopped eating her wet food

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
monday i fed her wellness turkey morsels for her usual breakfast she puked it up right after since then she just seems to no longer like wellness food i tried feeding her the minced chicken, tuna flavored ones to but she either ignores it or just picks at it.she will nibble at her nulo medal series dry food all day( normal for her to do)she still poops pees normal amounts as well as drinks water normally wants to play( just finished her morning play session)nothuings changed in our routine other than i am having to toss out uneaten canned food she has vet visit for health check up this friday vet tech girl told me to monitor her but she is same to me laying next to me right now just like she does each morning i cant figure out why the refusal to eat like normal unless its possible she knows her monthly nail trimming is gonna be soon? is that even possible for a cat know?

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Often a Cat will not want to eat something if they vomit after eating it, it's like they relate not feeling well to the food. They may or may not want to eat it again later, but yes, it's normal to stop eating a food after throwing it up.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You could try getting a few other canned foods to mix with her normal food and see if that helps change the smell and taste enough to entice her to eat. Fancy Feast has a turkey & giblet pate that Feeby likes. Or, the Sheba Perfect Portions turkey pate might be another option. Either one when mixed with her food could turn her around and get her back to eating, so you can resume feeding her what she was used to before she threw up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks planning to do that have tried before with tiki cat food gonna try with nulo wet this time tiki food she doesnt like the smell for some reason it seems

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks planning to do that have tried before with tiki cat food gonna try with nulo wet this time tiki food she doesnt like the smell for some reason it seems
Let us know what she thinks of Nulo. I am debating between Tiki Cat and Nulo when I can switch the kittens over to adult food.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Let us know what she thinks of Nulo. I am debating between Tiki Cat and Nulo when I can switch the kittens over to adult food.
sure willi tghought tiki food was good or it smelled good enough to eat to my nose :flail:but graycie didnt like it but will let you know about nulo for sure

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I had the same situation with Mocha. So very frustrating, isn’t it! In mid-August, she vomited right before her morning meal, the first time in the three years I’ve had her. She started refusing all of her (homemade) food. She also wouldn’t eat any of the canned food I have for emergencies: Rawz, Pure Vita, Dr. Elsey’s, or Dave’s. I could get her to eat a small portion if I kept putting toppers on the food (bonito flakes, crumbled freeze-dried raw, crushed Dr. Elsey’s dry, crushed pork liver treats, and/or Flortiflora). Otherwise, she was acting normal. I took her to the vet, but she couldn’t find anything wrong. I broke down and bought some Fancy Feast pâtés which she gobbled down.

I’ve been alternating between FF and homemade chicken which she’ll eat with enough toppers. And a couple of days ago she actually finished one of the other cat’s homemade pork food. I think she’s improving. But it has taken a lot of patience and sitting with her while she eats so I can add toppers when she turns away.

So patience and experimentation! Your kitty may come around over time.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
klunick klunick the nulo food is a success so far she likes it the texture of it reminds me of wellness morsels food graycie is used to so far i fed turckey and duck, turkey and halibut both were gobbled right off gonna add it as part of her rotation of food now