Gravy

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my boy cat only eats gravy as far as wet food goes he only will eat dry food the only gravys i know of are those lickable threats i see at stores but they cost a dollar a piece and he can easily eat 2 at a time

im wondering if anyone knows of any other brands ofcat gravy with tiny bits of meat i could get him and any specific sites do you use for cheapest cat food? he is very very picky but he loves cat gravys i tried to make it but he didnt touch it

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I have been doing lately is taking half a can of Fancy Feast Grilled, run the water really hot, and pour a Tablespoon of hot water on it and stir. It makes a ton of gravy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure if this is quite what you’re looking for, but Fancy Feast makes a “gravy lovers” wet food: Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Poultry & Beef Feast Variety Pack Canned Cat Food

Another possibility is these Friskies pouches, that are gravy with chunks of meat: Friskies Gravy Sensations Pouch Favorites Cat Food Pouches, 3-oz pouch, case of 24
yeah he use to eat the fancy feast gravy lovers but then stopped cause had to much meat
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91GemiUy44L._SY606_.jpg

this is what hes been eating hes been screaming for more lately but as said they are like 120 a peice at walmart and he easily eats 2 at a time trying to find a big pouch of it possibly made online

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Could you puree pate canned food into liquid and offer that as "gravy"? :think: Mix in FortiFlora or crushed up treats if needed. Or just puree any gravy / sauce based canned food so it's just all liquid with no detectable meat pieces .

You might find additional suggestions here: Cat Gravy?

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's from the Caru demo they did this spring. I know you can't really see it, but in a week or two I will have some photos of the product. I got marketing to send me a few more samples. We used it after the BlogPaws conference, and the girls loved it, but I didn't document it. This time I'm supposed to put it together for my blog and social media.
All the meat are fine shreds, not chunks.

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Could you puree pate canned food into liquid and offer that as "gravy"? :think: Mix in FortiFlora or crushed up treats if needed. Or just puree any gravy / sauce based canned food so it's just all liquid with no detectable meat pieces .

You might find additional suggestions here: Cat Gravy?
i didnt think about that ill give it a try

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I have a very similar situation. Are you near to a king soopers grocery? They carry pet pride pouches, about 40 cents (here) sometimes I cut the pieces smaller but usually he just likes the gravy.

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i just pureed half a can of friskys wet cat food with gravy that i feed the others and added like 2/3 oz of water and he seemed to enjoy it i guess from now on this will be what i do wills ave lots of money and he will get his protein in at least normally hed lick around the chunks of meat

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
man idk whats wrong with my boy the first time i blended it up he ate it in a heart beat now he wont even look at it even got him a new brand today hes so strange even has a issue with new cat food i got him

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Weruva cat food is quality can food but some of their types is mostly gravy and a little meat. Not sure why decent quality cat food can be sooooo expensive and limited in finding them.

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
man my boy would die in the wild he wont eat raw baked or grilled chicken thats plain no spices no beef no nothing so it is very hard to bu food for him

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Matt, are you using the blender? My cats won't eat it that way either. Take a can of Fancy Feast Grilled, the ones with gravy. Take half a can and put it in a small bowl or container, add a Tablespoon of hot water to it and stir it up, then put on cat plate. Don't use the blender or the microwave, picky cats hate that.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, try Friskies Shreds, but not the turkey flavors. They have a ton of gravy. My cats hate the two turkey flavors. If you want to feed your cats cooked chicken for a treat, shred it first. My cats won't eat it unless it's shredded. I have picky cats too, so I have tons of tips.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I thought of one more tip. Put some dry food down on the plate, like 1/8 cup. Then put the wet food on top of it. Let me know if any of these tips work!

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Matt, are you using the blender? My cats won't eat it that way either. Take a can of Fancy Feast Grilled, the ones with gravy. Take half a can and put it in a small bowl or container, add a Tablespoon of hot water to it and stir it up, then put on cat plate. Don't use the blender or the microwave, picky cats hate that.
yeah i guess it was to good to be true int he past iv added water to cat food that sat out alittle while and hardened and he wouldnt touch it still god he is such a weird cat

matt1991

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the one in my profile pic he wont even touch any type of meat he never has at times he will eat these cat jerky i got himt he other cats eat anything i put in front of them lol iv had probably 60 cats in mylife and never did i find a cat this picky

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats don't like the Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers. I tried that one yesterday and they both refused it. But try the Grilled Chicken one, they like that. I don't see the difference, but I guess they can. :rolleyes3: