Grandpa + Heart Surgery = No Cat: Need Foster Home

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother's longtime and good friend is on a wait list for a heart transplant. He's been told that he cannot have a cat in the house for a year after the surgery.

His 9 year old grandson, who lives with him, has been told that they need to find a home for the young cat he got as a kitten.

We would like to find a good foster home, in the Escondido CA, area who can take the young cat for a year after Grandpa's surgery (which has yet to be scheduled). While the cat currently lives on a ranch, it is primarily an indoor kitty and well house broken. It would be nice if the grandson could visit on occasion.

Please message me if you think you can help, or know of someone who might.

texasgmp

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My mother's longtime and good friend is on a wait list for a heart transplant. He's been told that he cannot have a cat in the house for a year after the surgery.

His 9 year old grandson, who lives with him, has been told that they need to find a home for the young cat he got as a kitten.

We would like to find a good foster home, in the Escondido CA, area who can take the young cat for a year after Grandpa's surgery (which has yet to be scheduled). While the cat currently lives on a ranch, it is primarily an indoor kitty and well house broken. It would be nice if the grandson could visit on occasion.

Please message me if you think you can help, or know of someone who might.
Tell them to call " Friends of Cats" in San Diego. They probably have the best resources to help find a foster home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Having gone to their website, I'm hesitant to call on them. They seem very focused on relinquishment and re-homing, which is NOT what I'm looking for.

I need someone who will foster the cat in their home for the specific time frame, and then give the cat back to its owners. There is no relinquishment here. They do not want to re-home. The boy wants his fur-friend back when grandpa is healthy again. :catrub:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just trying to give this thread a bump up! Any updates? I would call the Methodist and 7th Day Adventist churches as they often have outreach that addresses the more unusual needs, such as this.
Prayers and vibes for that special family: grandfather, grandson, cat & friends :vibes::vibes::vibes: ~Susan