Grain Free, Pea Free, Bean Free, White Potato Free Dry Food?

minttulips

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Health Extension Kitten and Adult Cat Dry Cat Food-available at concord pet online-15 lb. Amazon does not carry this in this size. Legume free!! I finally found one.

minttulips

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wysong Epigen 90 Starch-Free Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog & Cat Food, 5-lb bag

These have potato protein but none of the others you mentioned:

Wysong Epigen Starch-Free Chicken Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog & Cat Food, 5-lb bag

Wysong Epigen Venison Starch-Free Formula Grain-Free Dry Dog & Cat Food, 5-lb bag

And I believe all of the ZiwiPeak Air dried are free of them:

ZiwiPeak Air-Dried Venison Cat Food, 14-oz bag

As are the Real Meat air dried foods:

Real Meat Pet Food

Air Dried/freeze dried will give you the most dry options without those binders. Obviously wet is even easier to find

minttulips

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Excellent choice
Wysong Epigen Original Canine and Feline Diet Dry Food
Organic Chicken, Chicken Meal, Turkey
Meal, Potato Protein, Meat Protein Isolate,
Chicken Fat, Gelatin, Dried Plain Beet
Pulp, Natural Flavor, Coconut Oil, Chia
Seeds, Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Tomato
Pomace, Calcium Propionate, Taurine,
Choline Chloride, Organic Barley Grass
Powder, Blueberry, Dried Kelp, Yogurt
(Whey, Milk Solids, Yogurt Cultures), Apple
Pectin, Fish Oil, Yeast Extract, Citric Acid,
Chicory Root, Hemicellulose Extract, Mixed
Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract, Yeast
Culture, Carrots, Celery, Parsley, Lettuce,
Watercress, Spinach, Minerals (Potassium
Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate,
Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Copper
Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese
Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium
Selenite, Calcium Iodate), Vitamins (Ascorbic
Acid [source of Vitamin C], Vitamin E
Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Calcium
Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement,
T h i a m i n e M o n o n i t ra t e , P y r i d ox i n e
Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement,
Vitamin D3
Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid), Dried Bacillus
licheniformis Fermentation Product, Dried
Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product,
Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation
Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium
Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus
ca s e i Fe r m e ntat i o n P ro d u c t , D r i e d
Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation
Product, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation
Product, Dried Lactobacillus plantarum
Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobac

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I Feed Dr. Elsey's dry, chicken. It is very low carb, less than 5% and has none of the things you list. My cats do very well on it.

minttulips

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, I have let my pet store know. They carry the liter--but not the food. They are very good about sourcing stuff though. I can't believe how uneducated people are about pet food. Just like their own food-I guess. The Plant Paradox by Dr. Gundry tells it all about lectins. I am happy to find something that won'd give my cat disease.

Barry'sMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Edit: I should add ignorance as a fourth reason. The long term research into cat nutrition and the effects of some of those ingredients just doesn't exist. We can theorize and guess and draw conclusions. Like with cranberries we know that it has a chemical similar to aspirin. We know that one of the acids doesn't break down well in cats. But there isn't a solid long term study to show what a diet with cranberries actually does. The general accepted theory is that long term over exposure can reduce lifespan or can create a fatal level of the acid or side effects. But there are also those who say low levels help urinary health because it does in humans. No one really knows. But the aspirin like component is what makes me avoid it. If aspirin is bad for cats then an aspirin like chemical should also be avoided. I'd rather just eliminate it and not take the risk instead of hoping it doesn't build up to a fatal level or my cats are ones more sensitive to it.
I'd like to share my experience with cranberries. I switched my cat from Blue Wilderness because the vet hated it, but my cat did great on it. He suggested CORE from Wellness and around the time I switched, he began over-grooming his lower belly. I had also just moved, so we assumed it had to be something due to that and not this healthy food. Tried allergy food and everything and nothing worked. Now that I see your info about a chemical similar to aspirin, I am wondering if his tummy is hurting :mad:

What I would like to know is, what in god's name are all these extra ingredients doing in a cat's food anyway? I mean I guess I shouldn't be surprised since people food is killing us too, but why is it so hard to just use a few appropriate ingredients and meats? People will pay for it. The extra cost is made up in the health of your pet and costly illnesses from these stupid foods. As the saying goes: you are what you eat. Of course you are. What else would you be?