Grain Free, High Protein And Low Carb Dry

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
WinterLunaCheese WinterLunaCheese have you considered Friskies? I would estimate 1 can for your 12lber, 1.5 cans for your 16lber, 2 cans for your 20lber. That's 4.5 cans a day

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WinterLunaCheese

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
WinterLunaCheese WinterLunaCheese have you considered Friskies? I would estimate 1 can for your 12lber, 1.5 cans for your 16lber, 2 cans for your 20lber. That's 4.5 cans a day
Yes, honestly that's what I've figured is the only option to do wet after researching. My cats don't have a corn or soy allergy, so I'm going to not worry about either as ingredients.

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Friskies doesn't have corn or soy, but it does have rice. Mixed Grill and Country Style Dinner don't have fish, if that's an issue

WinterLunaCheese

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So corn starch or soy flour is different than actual corn or soy as an ingredient? I buy the poultry box of 32 cans but all say "Corn Starch-Modified" and "Soy flour". Though yes Mixed Grill and Country Style dinner appear to not have either of those two ingredients. I'll probably do those, they're slightly cheaper per can than the ones I currently buy anyway. As far as fish, only some fish based, as in the first and main ingredient is fish bothers my one (I don't remember which as I've tried Friskies seafood varieties, it was certain ones and the Fancy Feast broths [had coupons] with fish but just stay away now) and none like beef.

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh the ingredients online don't list corn starch or soy flour

xcourtney3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Is that the gravy kind? The pate is what I'm talking about

WinterLunaCheese

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The 32 CT box of the poultry variety is the shreds not pate. I found Classic Pate Poultry Platter is corn and soy free too. As to not do two chicken types, I'm doing Country Style Dinner and the Classic Pate Poultry Platter which is turkey. That will make it so I can do at the least 2 cans for my 20 lb and 1 can per my other two at each case being 24 cans, if I buy 5 cases. To do 1.5 I'd probably need one more 24 CT case which I can't afford and I'm pushing it with the 5. Plus I still want to incorporate dry but it'll be a far less amount if giving that much wet which means dry should last longer and could mean purchasing it less often, making it possible to buy as many wet cans as I actually need.

WinterLunaCheese

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I realized I'm going to end up having to feed less wet too, half a can among 3 in the morning would leave half a can needi would because my cats won't eat refrigerated or warmed up cat food. I think 1/3 of 4 cans is excessive enough amount of times feeding for me when I have to put one in the bathroom, plus set a timer so I don't forget him in there.

WinterLunaCheese

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks TheCatSite, I was trying to fix what I was saying an accidentally posted it. What I was going to say is half a can each of 5.5 oz would leave half to refrigerate which would be wasteful. I don't know how to divide 4.5 cans as to not waste any. I'm extremely horrible at math. My one cat too the 16 lb I can't feed too much or he throws it up. Small portions work better for him. Complicated! I also can't feed one and not the others, it would torture the ones not being fed.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would give them each half a can. That would only leave half a can left over. Put that in the fridge and take out like 20 minutes before serving. That should warm it up to room temperature. Another trick is to bang the pate out on a plate, slice that half off, put in fridge. When you take it out, smash down with fork, then slide back up on plate. That keeps it from getting all mushy. Some people add hot water, but my cats are picky, so not sure if they would like that.

WinterLunaCheese

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm leery about refrigerated food, I've tried when I've did portions from a 13 oz can before of this brand Triumph. Warming it for like 5-10 secs in the microwave didn't work (I checked to see if it was warm and not hot), they all refused it warmed up but ate it fine when I first opened the can. I could try again I guess and go from there if they still won't.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats hate microwaved food too. I have to just let it warm up on the counter for 20 minutes.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try letting it warm up on the counter. If that doesn't work, maybe give each cat 1/3 of a can. That would be enough if you do it twice a day plus leave out dry food.

kirathecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I avoid microwaving so i fill up a dish with really hot water and place the can from the fridge in it and i use zip lock baggies to keep food from drying out in the fridge so water gettng in is not a problem but sometimes i just let the can float in hot water without covering it at all. It warms up pretty quick. Just something to try ;)