Got spayed a week ago now won’t eat

Willowbosskitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Need advice. Got got spayed 6 days ago yesterday I noticed she wants nothing to do with her food I even offered wet food which usually she runs for. I felt she has been sleeping more, my other half thinks she is sleeping the same. Should I be concerned? Also we don’t have an established vet we got her spayed at a low cost spay place they did have great reviews but don’t do regular visits.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You should find yourself a vet asap. She could be having a reaction to the anesthesia or, is in pain which typically does not happen but can. Does the incision look ok?
Not eating for that many days is not normal after a spay. 6 days is a lot for a cat to go without proper nutrition, and dangerous too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Willowbosskitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You should find yourself a vet asap. She could be having a reaction to the anesthesia or, is in pain which typically does not happen but can. Does the incision look ok?
Not eating for that many days is not normal after a spay. 6 days is a lot for a cat to go without proper nutrition, and dangerous too.
She was eating just fine. The past day she hasn’t wanted to eat sorry if that was confusing.