Got a summons for federal jury duty, hoping I don't have to go

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would have loved to have done it when I was single, especially when I was unemployed. It would be more difficult with J these days.

They never call people that want it, seems like. :p
You probably could get out of it with verification from your pediatrician. You don't work outside of the home and are still breast feeding.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My grandpa wanted to volunteer after he retired but of course that’s not an option. :lol:

I do think an exclusively breastfed baby would be an excused thing. A friend of mine in PA was told she had to use the court daycare for her infant; but I don’t know if she was still breastfeeding at that point. I can’t imagine being forced to let a stranger care for my baby!

DH’s company will pay him for jury duty. I’m not sure if its 100% or just partial. But its less of a hardship for our family for him to get called than me.

suzeanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In L.A., I got called for jury duty every couple years (if not every year). I mostly postponed it to summertime, being a student. Only once did I make it into the jury questioning process (theft and assault case), but I was not selected. In NYC I was called for jury duty within a couple years of moving, showed up for 1 day, and now am exempt from being called again for like 6 years or some crazy long amount of time.