Gooey Eye Boogers

littlekingtrashmouth

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I know were not supposed to ask medical advice I'm just asking for suggestions or ideas about this! Recently my almost 6 month old kitten has been getting really gooey white sticky eye boogers. I did a little googling and it says they might be blinking a lot or rubbing their eyes. I know when he is in pain because he hides away and yells a lot and he has not been doing that so I don't think he's in pain and he hasn't been rubbing his eyes or any of the other symptoms mentioned. I just want to know if anyone has experienced anything like this or would suggest me seeing a vet or if this is just normal and maybe seasonal seeing as the weather is cooling down.

If it happens to be allergies what would an option for helping that be?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, and welcome to TCS :welcomesign:

It sounds like your guy may have an eye infection. This happens from time to time, and isn't usually too big if a deal. I'd take him to the vet for a check-up (they can check there's no actual eye damage - usually by using a some special dye that will highlight any corneal scratches/similar ). In my experience, all that's usually needed is some medicated eye drops to clear things up ;)

So - nothing to panic about, but get him checked over :catman:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think an eye ointment from the vet would probably help. Terramycin ointment worked wonders for my cat, but his eye boogers were dark brownish/black. So best to ask the vet what kind of infection it is.