Goodnight Eric, my little lion man

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Colsan1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you. He loved sitting on my shoulders. Was always climbing up to see what I was doing.
He was a beaten up smelly cat when we took him in. He was full of scratches, had fur missing a his ears were torn from being roughed up by other toms. I spent two weeks on the floor with him trying to coax him out from under our spare bed. When he finally came out he was like a shadow, followed me everywhere.
I'll miss him

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you. He loved sitting on my shoulders. Was always climbing up to see what I was doing.
He was a beaten up smelly cat when we took him in. He was full of scratches, had fur missing a his ears were torn from being roughed up by other toms. I spent two weeks on the floor with him trying to coax him out from under our spare bed. When he finally came out he was like a shadow, followed me everywhere.
I'll miss him
Cats know kind people <3

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll miss him
Oh bless your heart, it so hard when we have to say goodbye to them.Take comfort in the fact you gave him a good home with plenty of love and care! Eric clearly loved you very much so.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, you did a wonderful thing by helping him out and taking care of him and when you meet again one day down the line he will thank you for it....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He will always be your shadow, in death as he was in life. Love is a spiritual thing, so eternal. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. Nothing can break the bond you have with that sweet boy, "death cannot take that which never dies". You may not be able to hold him in your arms, but he will always have a place in your soul.
I pray your precious memories will eventually bring you comfort instead of pain, it takes a long time to heal a broken heart and time is the only thing that really helps.
You mended his broken body and gave him a home and someone to love, all he ever wanted. In return, he brought you happiness in life and freely gave you his love. A cat's love is earned, and one of life's greatest treasures.
My heart goes out to you, I know how much this hurts. You have immortalized him in your tribute, it is a great honor to be remembered and loved by those you leave behind. Take care my friend, you have done well.......RIP beautiful Eric. you will be dearly missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Colsan1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have been trying for weeks with success, to catch a feral cat that has been living around my place of work. A couple of days after Eric past over, I got a call to say the cat was in the trap. It's very mixed feelings at the moment, being so soon after losing him, but I feel as if my lost boy has sent me someone new to look after for a while to help me along.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
We have been trying for weeks with success, to catch a feral cat that has been living around my place of work. A couple of days after Eric past over, I got a call to say the cat was in the trap. It's very mixed feelings at the moment, being so soon after losing him, but I feel as if my lost boy has sent me someone new to look after for a while to help me along.
This is wonderful........I have no doubt that this was by no means a coincidence, it was meant to be! It might feel a bit too soon, but for that stray cat it is not a moment too soon.

"Saving one cat will not change the world, but for that one cat...the world will change forever." :rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He chose the right home to spend the last years after so many hard battles in the fields, and he was so happy that he did.
After the wars, he knew the peace and the love of your family and hands, and these will be the only memories he will take with him up there at the Bridge.

RIP Eric, sweet warrior!

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't write this, but it seems fitting here.

"Before Humans die they write their last will and testament.
They give their home and all they have to those they leave behind.
If with my paws I could do the same, this is what I'd ask...

To a poor and lonely stray I'd give:

My happy home. My bowl, cozy bed, soft pillows, and all my toys. The lap I loved so much. The hand that stroked my fur, and the voice which spoke my name.

I'd will to the sad, scared shelter Cat the place I had in my Human's heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So when I die please don't say, "I'll never have a Cat again, for the loss is more than I can stand."
Instead go find an unloved Cat, one who's life has no joy or hope, and give my place to them.

This is the only thing I can give, the love I left behind."

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Eric, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

Did Eric send that cat to you? Oh, I think so. This is what I know for sure, that love never dies, it only changes form and continues on, translated and purified into Love. And Love abides. Eric's Love guided a cat to you, knowing that your great heart would find room for one who needed home and hearth. And Eric's Love with remain with BOTH of you, because Love abide. Always, forever, Love abides.