Goodbye sweet Maple

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
We said goodbye to our sweet girl Maple this morning. She battled small cell lymphoma for the last two years. This weekend she suddenly was unable to hold up her back end, and become completely incontinent. Yesterday was her 18th birthday and I made the decision to have her last vet visit today.

She was my birthday kitty, born on my 25th birthday, to a friend's cat up near Toronto. She was named Maple to pay homage to her home country. We had her since she was 3 months old.

I think this may be the first time in my life that we have no senior kitties in the house. We have three younger kitties, one of whom really adored Maple.

28280062_791923894338345_369688929117551770_n.jpg
40244703_919621214901945_2896883019413454848_o.jpg 31870221_10155531654078106_5522231381670756352_o.jpg 17855061_641453982718671_924320331531375186_o (1).jpg

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I can only echo what the others have said on here, such a beautiful cat who had a long happy life with someone who loved her, she is fine now, just fine again, and when you see her someday down the line it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My deepest regrets and sincere condolences on the passing of your sweet girl, Maple. Senior kitties are the best and I'm glad she found her forever home with you. RIP sweet angel. :angel:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To live for 18 years shows what love and care she received in her life, she knew she was well-loved and gave back her love in return. It takes so long to get used to not having their physical presence in the home, even longer to mend that broken heart. Being loved that long brings about an incredibly strong bond, one that will remain with you forever. She will be as close as your thoughts and prayers, your many memories will bring you comfort in the years ahead. Always remember, "death cannot take that which never dies"......
When you love someone for a whole lifetime, that love will be with you always. She was in your life for a reason, she shared your life's journey for a while and will continue to parallel that journey for eternity on the new path she now follows.
I know the pain you are going through, I know it well. I know that words cannot take that pain away, but it helps to have someone acknowledge that pain and be your strength when you need it in times like these. My heart goes out to you. I can tell you to take as long as you need to grieve, your grief is as strong as the love you hold in your heart. Try not to make her death more important than her life, she deserves much more than that. Hold onto those beautiful memories and use them to help your broken heart heal. It takes a long time, but one day you will think of her with love and gratitude instead of the pain is filling your existence right now. Just take it a day at a time, one day at a time........RIP beautiful Maple. You will be dearly missed, you will forever hold a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. I know I've not talked about her much lately but I have in the past. I'm thankful she was only really bad for a couple of days, and that she was doing pretty well up until that point. I'm thankful I had an extra two years with her after her lymphoma diagnosis. We had a lot of rough times but she enjoyed her life.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Though she had a long and beautiful life with you, I know you must be missing her terribly. My heart goes out to you and your kitties, who no doubt are missing her too! You gave her two more wonderful years, though! I know it doesn't stifle the pain at all to know, but you have an amazing heart and it shows clearly through the care you give your animals!

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
donutte donutte ... I am so sorry for the loss of your strong Maple. :alright:
It sounds like she was meant to be with you from the start, in arriving when she did into your life.
She must have had an amazing life in all those 18 years.
May your heart heal with time, so that only the beautiful and fun memories remain. :hugs:

Run like the Wind Maple, and stop in from time to time, to look down on your humans and fur family. :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Such a pretty girl. 18 years is a good, long life for a kitty, but it's never enough, is it? On behalf of my recently departed Jellybean, thank you for loving and taking care of a black cat!
I read about your Jellybean, I'm so very sorry for your loss as well. I try to take solace when it's quick but that only goes so far too.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Maple, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever,

Such a lovely, long life she had...but where there is love, and eternity with her would not have been enough. Now, she is happy, healthy, and whole in That Place Where All is Known, and awaits the day when, in the fullness of time, you come together again in joyous reunion.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maple lived a full life, and waited for her birthday to say you good-bye to mark that she fully lived. She left you, but she'll be always next to you, forever.
Thank you for accepting a black cat in your life, not many would have done that.

RIP Maple, what a wonderful name you had, as wonderful as you were.