Goodbye, sweet Ace cat

ManekiNekko

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our wonderful 9.5-year-old was diagnosed with lymphoma in February of 2019. He did incredibly well with chemo and was such a trooper, but the lymphoma came back with a vengeance this week, 'causing him to start to lose his appetite on Wednesday and affecting his breathing and energy by Thursday morning. And after he failed to bounce back after "rescue" chemo, fluids, two chest fluid taps, and oxygen treatments, we agreed with his oncologist and the emergency care doctor that it was time to say goodbye. We got to hold him one last time and have a minute of purrs and snuggles with him and I held him while the vet administered the euthanasia drugs. RIP Ace Face.
IMG_0007.jpeg
0048.jpeg

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. I am sure Ace is eternally grateful for all those years with you. May you find comfort from the memories you both have had together. May you find strength in the unbreakable bond you have for each other. And may you find peace from the warmth of that deep love you both have shared, until you meet again.

Rest in eternal peace, sweet Ace. You will be missed deeply.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You will carry him in your heart for eternity, what you shared is spiritual, so forever. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers, and lives on through you now, so send him the happiness and joys of life so that his love can grow and bloom......
Your home and your life will seem empty for a while. It will take a long time to fill that emptiness and to build a new life's order for yourselves. He was such a big part of your life for 9.5 years that it is hard to comprehend your life without him. Time is the only thing that helps, that will soften the sharp edges of grief so it will be unable to cut so deep. I pray that one day you will find that your memories of him will be those that bring you comfort, not pain.
He was in your life for a reason. To have never known him would be impossible to believe. He needed your love and you rewarded him tenfold. He is at peace and will forever carry that love with him, because it is a part of his very soul, as much as his love is a part of yours. Do not dwell on his end, he would never want that for someone he loves so very much. Just as you would want for him if you were the first to go, so he wants for your life. He left you with the gift of his memory, and for you to remember him and to continue to love him after he is gone is a great honor. To tell others of him and to have you share your grief with them is a wonderful tribute in his name, thank you.
I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers, I know how much this hurts. I want you to know that time is the only thing that helps, one day at a time......RIP dear Ace. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have endured many, unpleasant, painful, and sad situations, but nothing equals the heart break one feels when we have to make the decision to end the life and suffering of a beloved pet. I will never forget one terrible late Saturday night when I had to make a quick, life changing decision to let my sweet, white, longhair Casper leave this old earth. I cried for days! It is a very difficult thing to do, and I am extremely sorry you had to make it.

Ace Face was very fortunate to have folks like you to care for him. It seems you folks did every thing you could to make his life a wonderful experience , and you help him cross that ol' "Rainbow Bridge" as best you could.

As time passes, I hope that you can look back often on your time together with fond memories and not cry because he is gone, but smile because you had him for ten wonderful years. God bless you all.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so sad, he was gorgeous....you did all that you could and more for him and he knows it and thanks you for it, and one day when you meet again on the other side he will thank you for helping him. He is fine now, just fine, no more sickness, he is whole again in his new life.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless you......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ManekiNekko

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, so sorry. RIP Ace :angel3: Very pretty pose of Ace in that first pic - one that you can cherish forever, and that I am glad you shared with us even if it had to be under these circumstances.
Yes, that is one of his glamor shots from when my husband was trying out the portrait mode on his iPhone. :)

Thank you all so, so much. I read all of your messages and appreciate how much kindness and support you've shown.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Ace, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

You had the unselfish strength to fight for him when it was time, and to let go when that time came. And so Ace left this Adventure for his Next Great Adventure with your love to guide his way. There is no greater act of love that you could have done.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was a fighter indeed, true to his name, a real hero, a war Ace.
He defeated the lymphoma once, and faced all the treatments bravely, this showed us his strength and will for life. But eventually he had to surrender, because up there they needed a hero to tell others how you fight and win over an enemy.
He will also tell others how wonderful to be loved that much is.

RIP Ace, sweet little fighter!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was a fighter indeed, true to his name, a real hero, a war Ace.
He defeated the lymphoma once, and faced all the treatments bravely, this showed us his strength and will for life. But eventually he had to surrender, because up there they needed a hero to tell others how you fight and win over an enemy.
He will also tell others how wonderful to be loved that much is.

RIP Ace, sweet little fighter!
Amen to that!!! Ace was incredibly handsome and what courage, what spirit! He has gone on before us, to where we all must go someday, and has left love and memories to cherish always.