Goodbye Song-See Baby

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I thought I would post to say goodbye to Song-See (In thai it means two colors), i wanted to share some photos i can come back here to remember her later on and also say farewell to her life cut short. I feel over stricken with grief and just think i could of done something different and she would still be here. I know I didnt have much time with her maybe only 7 months but still feel missing her so much already... I still try to avoid going in the room where she passed.

I posted already about what happened to her on a spay gone wrong
https://thecatsite.com/threads/disappointed-with-vet-after-spaying.408692/

Song-See lived to be close to 7 months born in July she was the odd one of the litter as all the other cats were grey but she was black and orange. I remember when she was younger she was a handful and was always the brave one to explore the house and show her siblings to get into trouble. But as she started getting older she seemed to mature quicker then her siblings and became one of the cats I really started to like because of her temperament and her bravery.. When I would vacuum clean she wouldnt even be bothered by it and would walk around casually while all the others ran for their lives lol.

She didnt seem so dependent on her siblings as the others, she would always sleep in the little cubby hole of the scratching nest that i bought alone but still attempted to nurse from her mom from time to time. Another thing that stood out to me is she seemed to have longer legs then her siblings and would walk in a funny way, but found it cute. She was also probably the best of the bunch for "Bird Chirping" whenever she seen a toy flying around she would make that noise.

Anyway this is my goodbye to her and also a memory i can look back on when i feel im missing her, im still glad i have her siblings to comfort me and also remember her.

It was hard just to find these photos without getting emotional.

Two weeks after they were born you can see her here in middle of photo
1579973240643.png

a few weeks after nursing from their mom shes the black one
1579973462027.png

At the top of the picture, their eye color still hasnt came in yet
1579973666100.png

This is about a month old sleeping like a baby on the sofa.
1579973780116.png

Eating as a family this is about 2 months old
1579973936935.png

They always had to watch us when we went outside, this was probably about 3 months old
1579974043315.png

1579974185386.png

Unfortunately i dont think i took anymore recent photo's of her :( but i will always have her in my heart.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I’m sorry you lost Song-See😢 she was really beautiful and different looking. And you lost her too soon and I’d be devastated also. When Jemima has that awful reaction to anesthesia, I was terrified of losing her as I only had her 5mths. I’m truly sorry for your loss...

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am truly sorry about your lovely Song-See. She was soo beautiful and special. Don't fret, she is in good
hand at the Bridge, being looked after by Lola, my Vincie girl, Jeff, Jack, and all the rest of our babies who
are there.:rbheart::hugs:💝

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She will always have a home in your heart, her heart is bound to your own by the bond you built over her life with spiritual love. Love is forever, no matter how long we have to spend with them. She was in your life for a reason, and though the time she shared with you was short, she gave you one of life's sweetest treasure's....a cat's love. To have never met her at all is unthinkable. You gave her her world, and she loves you for it. Try not to dwell on her end, but on her life. To be remembered and loved after death is an honor. Your beautiful tribute a testament to your love.
She will live on through you now, send her thoughts of joy and love and she will be in peace. Do not horde her love in a cold, grieving heart, but allow it to grow by sharing it with her mother and her siblings, they need you more then ever now and are a welcome distraction to your hurting heart.
The hurt and the pain will fade in time, but you never get over a grief like this, you learn a new life's order to live with it. I pray in time your happy memories of her will replace the sad end, that you will be able to live a life filled with love and joy, just as I'm sure she would want for you. Because she was such a special girl, and will live forever in that secure place in your loving herat. Take care......RIP sweet Song-See Baby. You will always be dearly missed. May your spirit rest in peace, may your journey to the Rainbow Bridge be a swift one. Goodnight, sleep tight, precious baby.......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for everyone's lovely thoughts and comments about Song-See, it has been helpful but I am still having trouble just the small things that I notice on my daily routine.. Like when I come back home she usually hears me come in the yard and will jump up and open the Curtain and look outside... But no longer have that, almost waiting for her to come open the curtain.Sometimes just remembering her face, i would stick my nose to hers and she would sniff mine. I sometimes have to go in the bedroom when i feel like i want to cry as I dont want my girlfriend wondering why im grieving this much. Hopefully it will get better by each day.

I still have her siblings and mother which is a good help, I have been spending more time with them they all have their own personalities. I hope that they are not in grief as well as they had seen her after the incident.

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Found another picture on gf's phone this is most recent one, she is the 2nd from the left...good to see them together as a family ill prob post about the other cats on a new thread later on... This is them a few weeks ago can see her sister "Greenie" still trying to nurse lol, sometimes they still attempt to nurse from mom even after this long and she will usually bite their head or kick them if shes sleeping.

1580086944909.png

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is the Law, nobody can escape, we are not the Masters of Time.
Remember that they are species whose individuals lives only 24 hours, not more. Just enough to feed and reproduce.
They are human babies who cant survive to open the eyes in this world.

One may ask himself: is it better to have no friends at all, or to have them and grieving when they are no longer with us?
Our life is made up in what we see and in what we remember. We are expected to carry on with Love but crying is the sign of Love.

Hugs and tears for Song-See the Cat!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, this is so very sad. They are a beautiful little family. So sorry that you had to endure this.

I have found that the homeopathic remedy Ignatia Amara helps with sudden shock and grief and sadness, it has helped me many times.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, this is so very sad. They are a beautiful little family. So sorry that you had to endure this.

I have found that the homeopathic remedy Ignatia Amara helps with sudden shock and grief and sadness, it has helped me many times.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:
Thank you, ill actually see if they have that here ill look into getting that online.

Ramble below:

Each passing day it has gotten slightly better ill find myself thinking about it less, some reason i keep finding myself picking points in time when she was around, i dont know why i do that I guess trying to remember her... Ive even started thinking about other cats i had in the past. I feel the worst time is after waking up, it usually passes after a few hours but also doesnt help im on a terrible sleep schedule right now waking up 7pm but right now trying to adjust that so i wake up in the morning's again... the rest of the day ill be fine but sometimes suddenly it hits me or ill picture those last moments and the look on her face and i have to get up from my PC and go walk around (i work online).

One good thing that came out of it i guess is i have been trying to be more active the house is really clean and also I feel like im doing more to keep my cats comfortable, buying them treats and spending more time with them then usual. I think once we get her sister spayed and that goes well ill be relieved with that and I believe Ill start to feel like myself again. These forums has been a good help the last few days, unfortunately I live far away from home and I had a falling out with my family years ago so I do not have a lot of people to talk to. My girlfriend as loving as she is, she doesn't like to talk about it but i guess everyone cope's with these things differently I can see she knows how i am feeling and she has been a little helpful.

BTW im sorry if I ramble on here, but i feel like it helps to type out my thoughts.. no response necessary to my ramblings :p.