Goodbye Socks

melontine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitty Socks passed away on Thursday.
I'm trying to figure out things now, but I'm sure that she was a happy cat right up until the end. I don't think she suffered.
I found her Thursday morning on my way to school, she was on the side of the road and had been hit by a car. She was already gone and it was a shock to us all. She was three years old, a very healthy kitty. She had recently recovered from a degloved tail, but other than that short scare never had much trouble at all.
I got her as a kitten, about a month after I got my first kitten Suki. Suki was an indoor-only cat due to her health issues, but she had gotten out and was killed by a car last year.
Socks was an indoor-outdoor kitty, she hated closed doors with a passion and was adept at using her extra toes to somehow open and escape any obstacle in her way. I always knew there was a risk when she went outside, especially after losing Suki. But she was always so happy out there. I'm glad I got another year with Socks, I wish it had been longer. At least she and Suki can play together again now. I miss my kittens.

I had gotten a phone call later that Thursday, someone who had found her before me. He stopped on his way to work to move her out of the road, checked her collar, and made sure to call me later when he had the chance. I'm really grateful for him, I'm really glad that someone stopped.
Socks is now buried next to May and Suki, my family's decided Socks will be the last to be buried, digging the hole and expanding the garden is a lot of work. Instead, we'll have them cremated and scatter the ashes over the garden, we'll still plant new flowers for them and order an engraved brick for each though. Socks's brick should be here in another week, and I'll plant purple flowers for her in the spring. One of Suki's flowers never came back up, I'll have to get her a new one too. I think planning these things must be one of our ways of grieving. I really hope we don't have to use any of these plans for our other pets anytime soon. Losing three within two years is too many already.

Rest in peace Socks
8-20-17 - 10-3-19

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am really sorry socks passed away and i am also sorry may and suki has passed too :( Its a difficult thing to loose someone we love. Socks looks like a beautiful cat, she looks stunning in that photo with her colours. She will be playing with may and suki in heavn in a blissful place of no suffering and endless love and they will all be looked after the angels of god. And she will be looking after you from above until you meet with her, may and suki once more.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry....to lose such a wonderful family member at such a young age is heartbreaking, to lose so may in such a short time is tragic. I, too, have had cats that absilutely are miserable in the house, to them the trade off of a shorter life was worth the absolute joy they exhibited when they raced across the lawn and jumped at butterflies. I have made all my remaining cats indoors only now, it is much easier when they start out in the family that way.
Socks will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. She lived her life on her own terms and she loved you for giving her that. The bond of love that ties her heart with yours is spiritual, so eternal. Just as you would want for her if you were the first to go, so she wants you to go on, finding joy in life and spreading her legacy of love that she entrusted to your care. There is a hole in your life that takes a long time to fill, but time and your precious memories will bring you comfort, one day at a time.......
RIP beautiful Socks. You will be dearly missed, you will alwauys hold a special spot in your family's hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you, ubntil you meet again!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Socks, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

I am so sorry that you lost Socks at such a young age, but you are right...Suki was waiting to welcome her to her new Home, and they will wait patiently for you, many years from now, to join them, as well.

Marlow cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Socks is so so beautiful. I'm glad you posted her picture. It is wonderful to see how happy and content she was being a part of your family. I am terribly terribly sorry for your loss.