Goodbye, Richard.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm terribly sorry for the loss of your precious and beautiful Richard :(
I have read your thread, you did much more than anyone else would have done, but we all know that FeLV sucks and gives no hopes.
Richard knows that you did everything for him and you have nothing to feel guilty for. Richard is in a wonderful place now, where there's no pain, no diseases. His skin is whole again and his coat shines in the sun. He's playing with many other kitties, all of them waiting for us to join them, one day.
RIP Richard, you were much loved, you will be much missed.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Richard. You did all you could, he had what he wanted the most in this world, your love. The bond you formed with that sweet boy will remain with you for the rest of your life. He will always be near in spirit, and the new road he follows will always parallel yours. Because of that love, he would never want you to be so sad because of him. He would want you to remember the happy moments, not the sad. He left for you a legacy, and although his presence will be so dearly missed, the love you shared will live on in your heart.
My heart goes out to you, I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Take care........RIP sweet Richard. You will forever have a secure pace in a loving heart, never forgotten, forever loved. May the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Richard, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

The two of you fought so hard together. I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Someday, remember this...love does NOT die, it changes form, and continues on, just at loving and steadfast as ever it was. Only the physical presence is truly gone.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Richard's loss has hurt many of us here on TCS; it isn't as painful as your grief, M mustardandbologna , of course, but please know that we, too, are grieving for him, and for your loss.
:grouphug2: :hugs: :alright:

This is a very difficult time for you, and one when you are especially vulnerable to various misconceptions about grieving. Please see my post on this subject at Grieving.

Rest in peace, sweet Richard :rbheart:. You were and are loved, and we will remember you. We very much wish that we could have done more for you.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mustardandbologna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. This is the first time I have really been able to read this thread without crying, and I really appreciate everything that has been said.

Today marks a week since we lost Richard. While I am still sad, I am so grateful that we let him go when we did rather than trying aggressive and likely futile measures. I will forever be thankful for how straightforward the veterinarian was with us regarding the decision we had to make.

I know it is soon, but I have been casually looking at FeLV+ cats available for adoption in my area. Richard can never be replaced, of course, but I think he would like to know that other kitties are being loved.

We miss you very much, little guy. It's hard to come home without you to greet me at the door.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it is soon, but I have been casually looking at FeLV+ cats available for adoption in my area. Richard can never be replaced, of course, but I think he would like to know that other kitties are being loved.

We miss you very much, little guy. It's hard to come home without you to greet me at the door.
Years ago we had a cockapoo, Rusty, our only pet, and when he was put down neither Deb nor I wanted to come home, it was such a hollow, sad feeling to experience the loss of his presence, and it lasted awhile......until we got Smoke, our first kitty who started this whole cat thing! ;) :biggrin:

And yes, Richard would love to have you take care of another kitty in need, what a loving tribute to him...when you are ready of course!