Goodbye our sweet Miss Kitty

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sad to report that we lost our sweet baby Ginger (we call her Miss Kitty) to FIP today.
She was only 8 years old. She was diagnosed about a week and a half ago. Some of you were probably following my thread in Cat Health. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

This is what happened today:
My mom and sister took her to the vet at lunch to have fluid taken off of her abdomen. When they arrived the vet said that Kitty looked terrible. She said her stomach was so big and she looked very very sick. She was also very dehydrated despite our efforts to give her fluids every other day. The vet confirmed she definitely had FIP. During the procedure of drawing fluid from Kitty's abdomen, she went limp. She slipped into a coma. The vet said that her little body was just exhausted and too tired to go on. We had to put her to sleep. We are going to get her body cremated.

Miss Kitty,
Even though we really miss you, our sweet angel... we can take comfort in the fact that you aren't hurting anymore and that you are roaming in the fields at the Rainbow Bridge. Our time with you was much too short, but you were a blessing. You were the sweetest cat that I've ever known... just absolutely precious. You will forever have a place in our hearts and never be forgotten. You've been such a wonderful gift. Go rest now and play in the fields with the other kitties. Now you can get as much sunshine as you want. I know the sunshine was your favorite. We love you!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Rachel, I'm so sorry.

Play happily over the bridge, sweet Miss Kitty. You are whole and healthy again! You were very loved and will be very missed!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP Ginger

I am so sorry for your loss.

Many years ago I lost one of my favorite cats to FIP.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How very sad.

Rest in peace Miss Kitty

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry about your cat.
Today would have been my Yoshis bday but he had to be pts in 2008 from what they belive was the dry form of fip and kidney stones.
It was never proven though.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Rachel Im so sorry. I was hoping the interferon would help her.
Sending my condolences to you, your sis and your family.
Rest In Peace Ginger, you will always be loved and missed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. It's a really sad house tonight. My other cat, Tiger, hasn't figured it out yet I don't think. During the last few days of Kitty's life she liked to lay in her crate. Tiger keeps walking by and looking in there to see if she's there...
He hasn't started the mourning process yet... I've never experienced a cat mourning before. Our house feels empty tonight with one less family member. We also have a dog, but I'm not sure if she understands what has happened yet either. My heart is physically aching... this is so hard.
I miss her so much!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences to the entire family on your loss of your sweet Miss Kitty...Godspeed over RB, Ginger - Heaven is one treasure richer tonight. I am sending prayers and vibes for comfort and healing for you all, including Tiger & the dog - poor things, sometimes they have trouble realizing that Ginger isn't coming back

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We are still having a really hard time dealing with Miss Kitty's loss. My poor sister is a wreck. Something interesting happened when Miss Kitty left us though. It has been raining here every day for over a week. It's been cloudy and yucky. Right after Kitty passed, my sister walked outside and the sun was shining. She also saw a double rainbow. She says she has seen Miss Kitty a few times today out of the corner of her eye. I saw her once laying in her favorite spot.

Last night we found a little kitten and brought her home. My sister named her Lilly. We think Miss Kitty wanted us to find her and give her a good home.

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

Last night we found a little kitten and brought her home. My sister named her Lilly. We think Miss Kitty wanted us to find her and give her a good home.
Of course she did!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rachelh1018

We are still having a really hard time dealing with Miss Kitty's loss. My poor sister is a wreck. Something interesting happened when Miss Kitty left us though. It has been raining here every day for over a week. It's been cloudy and yucky. Right after Kitty passed, my sister walked outside and the sun was shining. She also saw a double rainbow. She says she has seen Miss Kitty a few times today out of the corner of her eye. I saw her once laying in her favorite spot.

I'm sure you are right. They do that. How very lovely.

rachelh1018

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl2000

I am so sorry for your loss. RIP Ginger, my Ryan will take good take of you.
Thank you.
Yes, Ryan please show her the ropes.