Goodbye my sweet Lilly

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had to say goodbye to my sweet, beautiful girl Lilly a few weeks ago. She'd been battling lung cancer and the meds weren't helping anymore. I adopted her from the shelter when she was a half grown kitten and loved her for 14 years.
90175639_10106112101037732_3941712979002654720_o.jpg
22048029_10103900077101432_7122001124735271108_o.jpg
20180315_133805.jpg
20170825_165945.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Lily was a gorgeous girl! I am so glad you got to spend 14 years with her. But...I know...we always want more... She looks quite a bit like my Gracie, the pretty long hair and beautiful coloring, who passed away at 12 from cancer (suspected to be lung), 16 years ago. Never a moment goes by that I don't think of her, as I am sure you do/will do with Lily. :angel:

Please share stories of her and her life with you, and all the pics you want! There is never enough we can do to honor our lost loved ones, but placing a memorial here on this site is a wonderful way to pay tribute and homage to her. RIP pretty Lily. :hearthrob::redheartpump::hearthrob::redheartpump::hugs:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, I know yours is shattered into a million pieces. 14 years is a long time to build a bond between two souls, yours is a strong one and will comfort you in the years ahead. Try to concentrate on the good times, what her being in your life meant to you. She was in your life for a reason, to show you love. To have never met her at all would have been a greater loss, though a less painful one, but her sharing your life's journey for a while brought you one of life's treasures.
She would never want you to be so sad, she loved life so much she would always want you to do the same. Just as you would want for her if you were the first to go. Her love is safe, it is a part of you. She lives on through you now, a beautiful part of your past and will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers.
Take care of yourself, your beautiful tribute will be a testament to the love you shared.......RIP beautiful Lilly. You will never be forgotten, You will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss, she was so gorgeous! She had the best life that she could with you because of you, but she wasn't enjoying life anymore, you did the right albeit hardest thing to do. You will meet again one day and it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What a beautiful girl. I'm so sorry. It's devastating when they're sick and there's nothing more you can do for them. My heart goes out to you. :hugs:

Rest in peace, little Lilly. :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Lilly, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a beautiful girl she was, is, and always will be. This is the deepest Truth I know, that love never dies, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. The best part of Lilly, her love for you is now translated and purified into Love, and she sends it back to comfort you. It will never leave your side, because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. Someday, in the fullness of time, that Love will walk the Path with you as you return Home, and to Lilly.