Goodbye my princess, Callie

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We lost Callie today, after many wonderful years.  We're not actually sure how old she was, but when we adopted her in August of 2001, they thought she was about 1 1/2 years old, so I gave her a birth date of 1/1/2000.

she was always a feisty little thing, giving the boys a run for their money

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry about Callie. You wrote such a lovely tribute to such a beautiful cat.  I love the story of your husband and Callie sitting on the floor having loving time - she sounds like such a sweet girl.  She had a good long life with you, being loved and adored as was her due.  Even if she was with you for 16 years, it is never long enough, though.  It was very caring of you to end her suffering today and I know you must miss her terribly.  Even when we know the day is coming, we are never prepared for the silence of coming home to a house without our kitty.  They live on in our hearts.  I hope with time, you can get some comfort from your good memories.

RIP dear Callie.  

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am so sorry.  

That picture of Callie is gorgeous.. A beautiful well loved and well lived kitty...

such a sweet baby...playing on the floor with you husband..the alarm being the ice cubes clunk...so cute.

You have good memories, and have shared many years of love. Now she is running free of kidney issues, cardiac, playing with all our other angel babies...

((hugs)))

tamu708

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry
.  You are in my prayers during this difficult time.  You were so dedicated to her and gave her a wonderful life full of love and happiness.  What a beautiful and sweet girl she was.  RIP little angel Callie  

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
What a wonderful description of your sweet girl.  I can just picture the love-fest between her and your hubby.  Lovely tribute.

I'm so very sorry.  

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Sally...this is such sad news. I was not expecting to see this when I signed in to TCS tonight, and my heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Callie. 

Run free, sweet girl. 

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Callie was a strikingly beautiful girl and your post tells so much about her incredible spirit, too.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Sally, I'm so sorry!  She was a beautiful girl.  You are so sweet to have been offering your condolences to me.
  Well, now our babies are up there all playing together

It sounds like she & your husband were quite the pair. So sweet.  

I pray for all of us who are going through this right now. I know I have felt the peace & comfort from all who have prayed for me, so I pray you & your husband do too. Much love to you.  

dennis47

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My deepest condolences on the loss of your beautiful wonderful cat. It seems like our babies are here one moment, and the next, they are safely at the Bridge. My heart hurts along with yours. Even when we know when it is time to let our babies graduate to the place of eternal joy, the fact that it has happened doesn't make it any easier for us who still reside on this side. But please know that your precious princess no longer hurts, suffers, or cries in pain, but is healthy again , running free with the other kitties and puppies at the Bridge. Perhaps she will encounter my princess, Midnight. She was fiesty too! I know that they would be the best of friends. For now, it is proper and right to grieve, and as I tell others, it does your baby no disservice to do so. It is yet one more proof of the love and devotion you had for your baby. You gave her the greatest gift that you could: you let her go and helped her to be healed, happy, and whole. That takes incredible stregnth and incredible courage. A big hug and shared tears from me to you, Ms. Sally.

Rest in peace, sweet princess. Callie eternal.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those little girls really can rule the house with an iron paw, her feistiness and attitude will be sorely missed. You saved her from a future of fear and pain, and although it broke your heart it was the only thing to do. My heart goes out to you, I know the pain that follows such a loss to our families, it leaves a huge hole in our hearts and in our homes. She will never leave you, the bond you formed can never be taken away, she will dwell on forever in your hearts and in your precious memories. Let those memories bring a smile to your face, even through your tears, she loved you too much to ever give you so much pain. Try to celebrate so many wonderful years together and not dwell on the end, it brings nothing but sorrow. I pray for a swift journey to the Rainbow Bridge, where she will nap in the sunshine and be comforted on the lap of angels until you meet again. May you be blessed for taking such wonderful care of sweet Callie and for giving her such a wonderful home full of pets and love. RIP sweet Callie, you will never be forgotten and will live on forever in the hearts of those you love you!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
:hugs: I'm so sorry about your loss of Callie. It must be incredibly hard to say good-bye to such a sweet and loving girl. RIP, Callie. :rbheart:

sherit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Callie

was so well cared for and groomed.

I know you gave her a wonderful life in your home

We are so sorry for your loss and the pain that

the grief brings..

SheriT, Bro and Lily

ruthm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous!!!  I'm so sorry it was Callie's time to cross the Rainbow Bridge- what a wonderful tribute to her, thank you for sharing her story and pictures. 

Fly Free Sweet Callie and land softly- you were so loved!!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry, mrsgreenjeans! She was a beautiful girl and you can tell she ruled the house.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just saw your mention of Callie on another thread, mrsgreenjeens, I am so sorry to hear this news. What a beautiful (and obviously friendly!) cat she was.