Goodbye, my little baby grandma kitty

tbroox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Michiko had been sleeping in the strangest places and positions lately, so it didn't seem too odd when I saw her stretched out on the kitchen floor this morning. I didn't even know she was gone when I took her pic, which I often do. So I was horrified when I leaned down to pet her and got no response. She had even eaten her breakfast this morning, so I did not expect her to literally lie down and die like this. I am devastated. She has been my sweet, funny, tiny (just 6-7 lbs) girl for 16 years. Never afraid to put the boy kitties in their place with a flurry of punches to the snoot. Always wanting to be held and cuddled. And she had the most beautiful thick tail and velvety black fur. When she had more weight on her, we called her the Velvet Football. She had been getting steroid shots for lymphoma for the past year and seemed to be doing pretty well. A little slowed down on her ability to jump, but I had no idea she was ready to go. On the positive side, I'm glad I didn't have to take her to the vet or make that sad decision to have her euthanized. She just decided to go on her own. I'm already missing my little baby grandma kitty. Goodby, sweet Michiko.
Michiko2020_sm.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
RIP little Michiko. :angel3: So sorry for your loss, but glad you had her - and she had you - for 16 years. Unfortunately, it was her time, but it sounds as if she went peacefully - which all any of us can ask for when it comes to our babies.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. Sounds like she went very peacefully though.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I’m so sorry. It’s heartbreaking to lose a companion who’s been a beloved family member for so long. My heart goes out to you. :hugs:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for your loss, she went peacefully on her own terms and in the house of the ones who loved her and took such great care of her all these years. She is fine now, just fine, and when you meet again one day down the line it will be so wonderful....

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.....:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Michiko, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

How peaceful...to eat your breakfast, lie down for a nap, and between one breath and another, leave for your Next Great Adventure. And to do so in your own home, with those you love nearby, safe, secure, just...ready to go. And although you will miss her physical presence in your life, the thing that I know is...love never dies, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. Michiko's love for you, now translated and purified into Love, is with you still. Because Love abides. Always, forever, Love abides. She was, is, and always will be, a lovely girl. My heart with yours.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She died peacefully at home on her own terms, just like she lived her life......It literally breaks your heart to know they have left, 16 years is a lifetime of sharing life and love. The bond of love you have formed with her will be with you forever. Nothing, not even death, can take it away. "Death can not take that which never dies".
To be remembered and loved is the greatest tribute one can receive. She will be at peace because she lives on through you now, carried in your heart and alive in your precious memories. For you to go forward now and to share that love, to allow it to grow and be added to, is a great gift to her. One she will cherish and love you all the more for.
Although she took a piece of your heart with her, she left a piece of her own behind to remind you of the love you both shared. For comfort in these times of sadness, and for you to treasure and hold dear in that secure place in your heart you hold for her. Take care, and live your life as you would want for her to live on if you were the first to go. That is the meaning of love.....RIP dear Michiko. You will be dearly missed, your memory lives on in the hearts of those who loved you. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP beautiful Michiko xxx

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry =( It must have been awful for you to realize that when you reached to pet her. My heart goes out to you! She was clearly very loved though and I am sure she knew it!

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family ❤ What a good thing about not having to make that awful decision we pet lovers loathe doing. She went knowing she was loved and with a content feeling. In her own home peacefully. I’m so sorry for your loss. 😔