Goodbye Iago, my Iggy, my King. <3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hannah518

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! I know it is a common mistake but I have correct in his memory. His name was iago with an I. Appreciate the love

daones

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Very sad, and sorry for your loss but I think if he had to leave this way it was at least with you knowing that it was coming so you were able to spend some precious time with him at the end you can cherish this and the healthy times you spent with him. Hope all the best for you.

amandag1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Saturday I had to say goodbye to my sweet boy, Iago. He had been fighting cancer since early fall. Unfortunately, it had spread throughout his body so we were only able to treat the symptoms for his remaining months, but he sure did put up a good fight. He had many great days, I took time off during the holidays and made sure I spent as much time with him as possible. We rechecked his Xrays last Monday because he began coughing more and vomiting again. It showed the cancer was worse. My vet told me I should think about letting him go sooner or later, before he actually experienced suffering. So we put him on pain meds the rest of the week. I took off work, we cuddled, binged watched TV. I fed him all the treats. Our vet came to our home, so he suspected nothing, he wasn't scared. His last memory was being in the comfort of his own home, hanging with his brother, his Dad, and of course me, his Momma. <3

Iago saved my life. I would have done anything to save his. <3 RIP my sweet King. My baby boy.
So so so sorry. This is so painful. My biggest fear. Your drawing is beautiful. Hope you find peace...

wombat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. My moggy was a ginger too. You gave sweet Iago one of the best gifts ever... a pain-free, peaceful parting. You will meet him again, I'm sure, but in between, I hope your beautiful memories will comfort you.