Goodbye Iago, my Iggy, my King. <3

Hannah518

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Saturday I had to say goodbye to my sweet boy, Iago. He had been fighting cancer since early fall. Unfortunately, it had spread throughout his body so we were only able to treat the symptoms for his remaining months, but he sure did put up a good fight. He had many great days, I took time off during the holidays and made sure I spent as much time with him as possible. We rechecked his Xrays last Monday because he began coughing more and vomiting again. It showed the cancer was worse. My vet told me I should think about letting him go sooner or later, before he actually experienced suffering. So we put him on pain meds the rest of the week. I took off work, we cuddled, binged watched TV. I fed him all the treats. Our vet came to our home, so he suspected nothing, he wasn't scared. His last memory was being in the comfort of his own home, hanging with his brother, his Dad, and of course me, his Momma. <3

Iago saved my life. I would have done anything to save his. <3 RIP my sweet King. My baby boy.

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Iago, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

What a beautiful thing you have done. Heartbreaking but beautiful. You sent your boy on his way to his Next Great Adventure before he suffered, you sent him with your love to guide his way. Now his own love for you is translated and purified into Love, and he sends it back to you, to comfort you, and to one day, someday, guide you Home to him. My heart with yours.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This is so very sad and heartbreaking, I am so so sorry that you had to say solong to your little friend. It is something that none of us can get around, we can't have them forever and we know that, but when the time comes it kills us too. But neither you or him have any regrets, you gave him a wonderful life and took care of him the best that you could, he is fine now, just fine, relieved to be out of his pain riddled Earthly body and is whole again and when you are reunited it will be tears of joy not sadness.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am so sorry your lost your little friend, I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless.......:alright: :grouphug2::rbheart:

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Few, if any words can give comfort at such a time as this, and I do not have any. I will say that I am so very sorry you lost lago. I know that doesn't help very much just now, however they come from the heart, and I hope they give a you some small measure of peace. God bless you.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
There is nothing so sad in TCS but to read another post such as this. I am deeply sorry that you have lost Iago. That was also a very touching tribute. I am sure he is in a much better place now, free from any ailments or pain. He has earned his wings and now hovers over you as your angel.

Take care of yourself. We are all here for you.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a sweet boy! i'm so glad he had you there with him, I'm sure it meant the world to him to have you all by his side. He took a little piece of your heart with him when he left, but he left you a piece of his to bring you comfort. The hole in your heart takes a long time to fill, time is the only thing that helps you find a new life's order without him in it. Justr remember, you have spent years building a bond of love betwen you, nothing can break that bond, not even death, because love is spiritual. 'Death cannot take that which never dies".......
He is a little warrior, his valiant fight was made possible by you and your love. He would never want you to be sad for long, just as you would want for him if you were the first to go, so he wants happiness and joy in the life of the one he loves so very much. He will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers. Keep busy, you have others who need you right now too. Try not to dwell on his end when he has given you so many happy memories to treasure. He was in your life for a reason, you are blessed to have shared a little of your life's journey with him.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know how much this hurts to lose someone so dear to your hearts. May you be blessed for giving him such a good home filled with love and joy, he is at peace because of it.....RIP dear Lago. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in loving hearts. May the good Lord bless and keep you until you meet again!

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Once upon a time there was only a Man and a Women on Earth. They could do anything they want to, except being happy. They did not know happiness. They sat down on a big stone enjoying black fruits, every single day.

The Wise Man, who exists before the Time, send them Love. But they didnt know what to do with Love, So the Wise Man molded them a fluffy cat, to teach them what is Love. Then the Man and the Woman started to feed and pet the cat, and to tell every single evening to the (bored) Wise Snake what the cat did over the day. They were happy then.

One day, Man and Women came to the Wise Man cabin and asked Him whether there is something more powerful than Love. "Let the Cat go!" answered Him. The did it, for the Cat to return to Time (to which belongs) and from that day, Man and Women know that memories of Love are even more powerful that the Love itself.

+++

My respect and tears.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hannah518

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for the kind words. My chest has been heavy these past few days. Feeling empty and lost. But reading these just made me think of wonderful memories Iago and I shared and put a smile on my face. It will take a long time to heal, but I know he is still going to be right here helping me through it.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
What a beautiful boy. He was so lucky to have someone like you to care for him, to care enough to help him pass when the time came.

The drawing you did of you holding his body and crying while Lago stands there in spirit, waiting to comfort you is really moving. I lost one of my cats about a month ago and I still feel her presence at times. Creating a drawing of Lago to remember him by is the perfect way to cope with your grief. We hold grief in our lungs, but that's also where our inspiration comes from.

Whenever your chest feels heavy just remember to breath and let it go. Take a deep breath, let the grief out and let in the spirit, let in the inspiration.

:hugs:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. Lago was beautiful. He really was lucky you cared enough to break your own heart that took courage. THANKYOU:rbheart:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
His last memory was being in the comfort of his own home, hanging with his brother, his Dad, and of course me, his Momma. <3
This is what Iago will tell the other pets at the Rainbow Bridge, that he had lived in comfort and surrounded by the love of all his family.

Iago saved my life. I would have done anything to save his. <3 RIP my sweet King. My baby boy.
He wouldn't deserve less than this :hugs: