Goodbye Houni

CarmiesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Houdini was born on my grandfathers birthday Dec 17th 2018 he was so sweet born one of four he was closest to his brother Precious who would call out for Houni (whoo -knee) when he wasn't in the room when they were little. I found my 2 1/2 year old Houdini on the guest bathroom floor this morning thinking he was being silly i picked him up and noticed he was limp and cried when i moved him.I called the vet said bring him in unfortunately by the time we arrived he was no longer with us i'm not sure what happened as he was fine yesterday. my little ball of grey fur and chubs was much lighter than yesterday and so small for such big personality.

He'd come threw so much at 11 months old i sat on him i mean fully all 280 lbs thankfully the couch cushoin had enough give i was able to bounce back up and he wasn't harmed, then 5 months later he ended up with a upper resperatory infection due to my trying a pine&corn based litter, 3 months after he developed a severe UTI that brought out an allergic reaction to pinacilin he wouldn't drink and barely ate i forced water on him and with a change in antibiotic he recovered. He's been stressed lately due to road work in front of our house and has taken to hiding using the bar of the guest bathroom shower as a tree limb and i've let him i feel like i should have noticed something i don't know if he fell wrong if he got another UTI or into my cleaning products as he likes chasing the occasional mouse that comes in from outside or if he caught a mouse and it was poisoned i'll never know as i chose to just bring him home.

He now rests in the backyard along with my Peppy who passed at age 17 in 2016 i'm a mess and his brothers don't understand nor dose his sister his parents yes the litter was an oops and i kept them all his parents seem to understand but man it hurts so much, he was mine more than the others excepting his daddy. he would sleep on my chest most nights he enjoyed hanging out on the back of my chair at the computer and said cat food was better right out of the bag, and smooches were asked for at various times of day.

He was due to go in Friday to be checked for diabetics as i had noticed he was drinking more and liked hanging at the water bowl but had scheduled it for after the road work finished as i didn't want to expose him to the loud noises fresh asphalt scent and cement dust not to mention the currently 2 block trip to the car. right now i feel like my hearts been ripped out and that his passing is my fault. RIP Harold Houdini Kitty. We Miss you Already.
Houdini.jpg

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so very sorry about Houni. He was so very beautiful!! The suddenness of his passing mus be brutal.
My heart aches for you. You must grieve now and it will take time.but will get better. He is at the bridge
with Pepper and our babies who have crossed over.

Rest in Peace sweet Houdi :hugs: :rbheart:

Love,
Mia xxxx

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like he may have had severe kidney failure since he was drinking so much? But in any case, he is gone and I really don't think there was much you could have done......There is no way to change the past, and all those could haves, should haves, are a part of grieving. My thoughts and prayers are with you all, it takes a long time to heal a broken heart.
The bond you have with that little boy can never be taken from you. It is spiritual, so eternal. His love will always reside in your soul, to be added onto with other loves that will come into your life. It will help his to grow even stronger. Your grief is personal, you loved that little boy and he loved you back. No one in the whole world will grieve for him as you do. To be mourned for and loved after death is a wonderful tribute, an honor to the deceased.
All you can do now is to go on with your life, knowing he will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers. Live your life as if you were the first to go and how you would want him to go on. That is love. There are no truer words than " Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." It takes a time to feel better, and time is the only thing that helps to dull the sharp edges of grief. One day at a time......RIP sweet Houni. You will be dearly missed, you will always have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and we know you are having such difficulty accepting what just happened.

You both have given each other joy and love, and for that your precious Houdini is eternally grateful. Grief takes time, a lot of time in fact for some people. But I hope you find peace and comfort with the fact that he is now free from any physical pain. Imagine him now running happily in an endless field of grasses and blooms.

Prayers for your strength and acceptance.
Until you both meet again.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, I'm very sorry to read this. He was a lucky kitty to have been loved so much. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Rest in peace, little Houdini. :rbheart:

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
It's not your fault, it unfortunately was something that was just destined to happen. But it hurts very badly, we all know the feeling. For some reason it was his time to move on, but it is tough to have found him like that and that memory will stay with you for quite awhile, but with time it will pass and not bother you as much.

I am so sorry you lost your little friend, but he is fine now, just fine, and when you meet again one day it will be wonderful.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry for your loss, I hope that your heart heals a bit more each day, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart: