Goodbye dear Gino

shaftell

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My dear boy passed away at age 12 after his cancer diagnosis 3 weeks ago. I had him since I was 17 years old and now I'm 29. He tried his best until the end but when the doctor tells you he's suffering then I knew it was time. I don't have regrets, cancer is cancer it takes down the strongest humans so I know that it's out of everyone's hands.

I'm struggling with not having him in the house anymore. I've never lost a pet but I hope the emptiness in the house gets better with time. It's very difficult not seeing him in his places anymore. Please tell me it gets easier.

Goodbye Mr Gino. The fluffiest, kindest boy in town.
IMG_20210616_071021_124.jpg

20210323_085144.jpg

20200517_102911.jpg

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it's hard to believe but time is a great healer. What a gorgeous boy your Mr Gino was. I can tell how you loved your boy. There are so many of us who have been where you are now, it takes time to grieve give yourself that, and remember the good times you and Mr Gino had together eventually they will make you smile. RIP Mr Gino :rbheart:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh what a lovely boy he was!!! He is now at the Bridge with our other babies. It will get easier in time but you must grieve first.
There is always someome here to talk with. RIP Sweet Gino :rbheart: :hugs:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It DOES get better in time. There will always be a pang of hurt in your heart when you think of these times, but the good times gently take over. For some, it is a manner of months for others, years. But the human heart cannot sustain such pain forever, the human spirit demands we live each day to the fullest and see the beauty and love around us.
At times like these, it is best we listen to those who have been there, who see so much more than we have, who have suffered along with their patients, our vets. You could not let someone you love suffer, it is much better to let them go a day early than a day too late. No matter when or why you decide the time was there, it hurts. It brings up all those could haves, should haves, because they come with grieving. That is because none of us is perfect and all our heart knows is pain.
You loved that boy and now he is no longer in your house and your life. it takes a long time to fill that empty hole. The bond you built with him over the years is a strong one. It can never be broken or taken from you because it is spiritual, not of this earth. "death cannot take that which never dies." Your love for each other never will. He will forever be as close as your thoughts and prayers, so send him those of love and thankfulness for having known him, not tears and unending grief. Go forward into life and seek more love to rest beside his own, to join with it and build it to even greater in your soul. Think of what you would want from him if you were the first to go, and know it is what he wants for the one he loves too because that is what love is.
Remember, time is the only thing that helps with matters of the heart. don't forget to breathe, because that means you are alive. Get through the next hour, the next day, do things that bring you pleasure, and keep you busy. I gave cat food and litter to my local shelter and did it in my little girl's name. Bring comfort to others who are hurting and somehow this brings comfort to yourself.
The journey they now undertake is one not in our life anymore, but they will never be far away, it will always parallel our own. Joined for eternity by the ties of love. There are no truer words than "Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened". My thoughts and prayers are with you, take care of yourself and just take one day at a time......RIP beautiful Gino. You will be dearly missed, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, what a beautiful boy. It's so hard to lose a beloved companion, and it's doubly hard when you've never been through the experience before. My heart goes out to you.

The grieving process is nothing that can be rushed but know that it will get easier. It just takes time.

Rest in peace, sweet Gino. :rbheart: