Goodbye Baylee 2004-2019

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I joined TCS a few days after I got my Baylee and today we said goodbye to her. A week ago she started eating less, and the last time she ate was Sunday morning. Bloodwork came back normal, so did xrays, there was no explanation... but her breathing was labored and we knew it was time.

I got her shortly after college and she was with me for over 15 years, through lots of tough times and a cross country move. The last week she wasn’t herself and I’ve missed her snuggles and purrs. I have a Baylee shaped hole in my heart now and I feel so sad.

Attachments

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful. I have tears in my eyes, reading your post, and the sadness that you have to go through.
15 years goes way too fast.
Run like the wind sweet Baylee.:rbheart: Look down on your pet-guardian, from time to time.
Condolences to you, pinkdaisy226.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was her time, she didn't want to go, she had to......
For 15 years she shared your life's journey, you were her everything and she was yours. The wonderful love you two shared and the memories you built are priceless. Nothing can break the bond of love you built link by link over 15 plus years, not even death. "Death cannot take that which never dies".....
Although there is that hole in your heart and emptiness in your life right now, time will help to fill it up and heal your grief. But it takes a long time to make a new life's order for yourself without her in it. Honor her memory by letting her legacy she entrusted with you to grow and spread. By letting her live on through you now, because her beautiful spirit will always be a part of you. She will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers, so send her happy ones and reassure her you will be alright. She is at peace now, happy in your love, and although she can't be physically with you, she is content knowing she will forever remembered, a part of your past, one of the best parts.
My heart aches for your pain, I know it well. But don't let that pain rule your life, don't let her death make your beautiful memories of her those of anguish and tears. She deserves more than that. Life is meant to be one of happiness and wonder, death is a natural end to a life, but not to your love for each other because that is spititual, so eternal.Take care my friend, and know to share a burden is to lessen it. So come here whenever you feel your burden becoming too much, and we, your friends who can empathize with you, will cry with you and let some of that pain escape. Be kind to yourself.....RIP precious Baylee. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It has to be very difficult to give up an old friend after so many years pinkdaisy. I am sorry for the loss. Baylee gave you all of the love she had for her life time, plus a lifetime of memories. One can't give any more than that...You did good Baylee!

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that you lost that little cutie pie, she is gorgeous, but her eyes and face tell me that she was weary and didn't want to continue the fight, it was time to move on to the next life where she is now healthy and happy again, but it takes so much of us and our hearts along with them when they go.

"Their last breath on Earth is their first breath on Heaven" :rbheart:

I am sorry you lost your little friend, but she is fine now, just fine, and when you meet again someday it will be wonderful....

God Bless........:alright: :grouphug2: :rbheart:

+Jeffrey+

Lady G. & Kobe (Gone But Not Forgotten!)
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss. She is, and will always be, a beautiful little soul. Thank you for giving her such a long, happy life. You meant just as much to her, as she meant to you. We may feed them and take good care of them, but they give us so much more in return.

May you rest in peace, Baylee

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Baylee, dream you deep. You walk in someone's heart forever.

How different life looks to us, without that beloved little shadow flitting along beside us! But I will tell you the deepest Truth that I know...love never dies, it only changes form and continues on, still Love. And Love abides. Always and forever, Love abides. The very best part of Baylee, her love for you, is now translated and purified into Love, and is with you still, for Love abides.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
It was her time, she didn't want to go, she had to......
For 15 years she shared your life's journey, you were her everything and she was yours. The wonderful love you two shared and the memories you built are priceless. Nothing can break the bond of love you built link by link over 15 plus years, not even death. "Death cannot take that which never dies".....
Although there is that hole in your heart and emptiness in your life right now, time will help to fill it up and heal your grief. But it takes a long time to make a new life's order for yourself without her in it. Honor her memory by letting her legacy she entrusted with you to grow and spread. By letting her live on through you now, because her beautiful spirit will always be a part of you. She will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers, so send her happy ones and reassure her you will be alright. She is at peace now, happy in your love, and although she can't be physically with you, she is content knowing she will forever remembered, a part of your past, one of the best parts.
My heart aches for your pain, I know it well. But don't let that pain rule your life, don't let her death make your beautiful memories of her those of anguish and tears. She deserves more than that. Life is meant to be one of happiness and wonder, death is a natural end to a life, but not to your love for each other because that is spititual, so eternal.Take care my friend, and know to share a burden is to lessen it. So come here whenever you feel your burden becoming too much, and we, your friends who can empathize with you, will cry with you and let some of that pain escape. Be kind to yourself.....RIP precious Baylee. You will never be forgotten, you will forever have a secure place in a loving heart. May the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!
😪😞