Good Vets in Toronto

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have really had terrible experiences with vets in Toronto. None of the ones I have gone to never seem to be able to diagnose things properly. Last year we feel the vet killed our 14 yr old cat he went in for an URI and they did an x-ray and didn't tell us they were going to sedate him- the sedation ended up killing him and they charged us $900 for basically killing our cat. I immediately switched vets to one that has really high reviews on yelp. One of the vets there is good but he isn't always there and the other two are not great (one of them is really bad). They also do not seem to know a lot about cats especially pure breds (I have a ragdoll and a birman). I am really at my wits end because it seems I just keep spending thousands of dollars in vet care and I am never really happy with the results. If it wasn't for these boards I probably would have never found the proper treatment for my ragdoll who I am pretty sure has a hairball obstruction, but the idiotic vet I went to see wanted to do surgery to and I quote "take a look at his organs", instead of at least trying treatment-he seems to be doing a lot better today after following the advice of the posters on here. I really wish I could find a great cat vet in my city who isn't all about running expensive useless tests. If anyone knows of any great vets in Toronto please let me know!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks yes I saw the Toronto cat clinic after a google search, but was wondering if anyone had tried it? Thanks for the blogto list, actually the vet I am currently going to is on that list. I think the main problem is most vets just are not as good with cat medicine as dog medicine- for example the vet I am taking all my animals to is much better when my dog is sick.