Good thoughts needed

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to call the vet on call this morning at 6 AM. Jack had a seizure. It happened once before about 2 weeks ago, but the vet told me that one didn’t sound like a true seizure when I told her about it. The second one left no doubt what it was. I was told to bring him in if he has another in the next month. I am instead calling for an appointment tomorrow. He needs to have blood work done. Seizures can be caused by diabetes, high blood pressure and several other things. These were not even mentioned by the vet when I spoke with her. I just hope I can get him in!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update on Jack. My vet saw him and after blood tests and a physical exam assured me that it wasn’t a brain tumor and all his blood values were fine. He diagnosed the seizures as idiopathic, in other words, they don’t have a clue as to why it happened. Jack is now on anti seizure medicine.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
He diagnosed the seizures as idiopathic, in other words, they don’t have a clue as to why it happened. Jack is now on anti seizure medicine.
It's not unusual for animals to have idiopathic seizures, our dog did too. I hope the anti-seizure medicine helps, is it phenobarbital?