Good supplementations? And everything

Kell1997

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is 9 months old now (first time having a cat) and ever since I got her, I am been under constant stress to clean, tidy and pick up risky things. But when we sleep, well actually we don't... she keeps going on top of the tablet, then the drawer and pretty much going up straight walls. She has a collar but walks in a way that the bell doesn't even make any sound at night. And when we find her doing something bad at night, she puffs up and runs away. I'm worried she might eat something she shouldn't, or bite on something that could damage her teeth. Are they careful like not to bite on a hard object ?

I also want to give her some supplements that could potentially improve her skin, hair and immune system as I plan to let her go outside. I've looked up pre, probiotics, and like multivitamins such as bob martin and idk if they are even good. She's got indoor and outdoor vaccines tho would it hurt to get a rabies vaccine? Its not required (only for travel) in the UK but I've seen bats around me area. Could it have negative effects on her?

What are the things I need a to look out for when letting her out? It's a big sort of closed area , there's high walls and doors which are closed all the time unless being used. I had the idea of maybe if she goes out, even during the day, she will have less energy at the night

I forgot to mention. She doesn't play at all even with toys unless we play with her. Eg throw the toy around, or shake the ones that make sound, generally looks bored if we don't interact but at younger she wasn't like this. Would play all day and night even sleep very little

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would not recommend that she go out unattended. An outdoor enclosure or leash walking is better. Cats let out unattended have an average lifespan that is WAY shorter than those who are kept indoors with supervised outings.

It may help to let her out in that enclosed space to burn off some energy yes. I would call a local vet office and see what they recommend for vaccine and flea control etc as this is a global community and a vet will know best what's happening in your specific area.

Honestly, I resisted for a year but I kept coming back to the advice that a young cat needs another young cat friend. They keep one another busy in a way humans cannot and they always have one another's company. It is something to consider.

You can try electronic toys to entertain her as well. Many cats like those. I had good luck with woolen toys (Dharma cat) and recycled fur toys from Etsy. It's normal that a cat looses interest in their toys over time. You can try rotating them. They do play a bit less as they get older.

If you feed any dry food at all, you can look at providing food enrichment as well..there's loads of DIY ways to do this at home!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At 9 months old she is still kitten like, full of energy and want to investigate everything. She will calm down. As long as you put dangerous things away, sharp objects electrical wires ,( or put covers on them) she will be ok. Is she spayed, that might calm her.

If she is being fed a complete cat food then she will be getting all the vitamins and minerals she needs.

Have you thought about harness training her. It sounds as if she would love that and she would be safer than letting her out on her own.

Rabies vaccination is nit routinely given in the UK but as bats generally come out at night its unlike that she will encounter one and if she did, I doubt she would catch one

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kell1997

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would not recommend that she go out unattended. An outdoor enclosure or leash walking is better. Cats let out unattended have an average lifespan that is WAY shorter than those who are kept indoors with supervised outings.

It may help to let her out in that enclosed space to burn off some energy yes. I would call a local vet office and see what they recommend for vaccine and flea control etc as this is a global community and a vet will know best what's happening in your specific area.

Honestly, I resisted for a year but I kept coming back to the advice that a young cat needs another young cat friend. They keep one another busy in a way humans cannot and they always have one another's company. It is something to consider.

You can try electronic toys to entertain her as well. Many cats like those. I had good luck with woolen toys (Dharma cat) and recycled fur toys from Etsy. It's normal that a cat looses interest in their toys over time. You can try rotating them. They do play a bit less as they get older.

If you feed any dry food at all, you can look at providing food enrichment as well..there's loads of DIY ways to do this at home!
Thank you so much for the reply. I am really thinking of getting another one but delayed it due to costs going up. I think about it so much that she has no other cat friend to play with.

Kell1997

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At 9 months old she is still kitten like, full of energy and want to investigate everything. She will calm down. As long as you put dangerous things away, sharp objects electrical wires ,( or put covers on them) she will be ok. Is she spayed, that might calm her.

If she is being fed a complete cat food then she will be getting all the vitamins and minerals she needs.

Have you thought about harness training her. It sounds as if she would love that and she would be safer than letting her out on her own.

Rabies vaccination is nit routinely given in the UK but as bats generally come out at night its unlike that she will encounter one and if she did, I doubt she would catch one
Hi yes she was spayed. I've bought a harness but if I take that thing out she will go into hiding for hours under the bed. I took her out a few times honestly she looked to be enjoying it when she is out but the process of putting the harness on and going out through the door is hard. She literally holds on to the wall. And about her food, I give wellness core kitten grain free and for wet I give felix kitten although she doesn't eat the tuna and salmon which is a waste

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Put the harness on her for a short time for a few days and lengthen the time until she is used to it. Give her a treat before and after, play with her when she is wearing it so she associates it with nice things. Try sprinkling a little Fortiflora on the food she doesn't eat, it's a trick I use on my fussy eater, its a probiotic.

Kell1997

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Put the harness on her for a short time for a few days and lengthen the time until she is used to it. Give her a treat before and after, play with her when she is wearing it so she associates it with nice things. Try sprinkling a little Fortiflora on the food she doesn't eat, it's a trick I use on my fussy eater, its a probiotic.
Ah great I've been thinking of giving probiotics. Buying it then. Thanks so much

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi yes she was spayed. I've bought a harness but if I take that thing out she will go into hiding for hours under the bed. I took her out a few times honestly she looked to be enjoying it when she is out but the process of putting the harness on and going out through the door is hard. She literally holds on to the wall. And about her food, I give wellness core kitten grain free and for wet I give felix kitten although she doesn't eat the tuna and salmon which is a waste
You can try leaving the harness on the floor to let her explore it. Give her treats and let her have it on for starting with even just a minute or two inside.

Usually cats are nervous because they don't know how to move in the harness. As she gets more comfortable with it, she will enjoy it. :)